Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BXW
(newbie) Thu 25-Oct-18 16:17:28
Print Post

emails from my domain to Hotmail getting deleted

[link to this post]

I look after webhosting on TSOHOST for a small charity and wish to use our domain name in emails. I've set up forwarding addresses to each trustee and this works well except for those whose final address is Hotmail. These people do not get the emails. Likewise when I send to charity applicants on Hotmail they do not get the emails.
Is there anything I can do so all email gets delivered?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 25-Oct-18 16:29:24
Print Post

Re: emails from my domain to Hotmail getting deleted

[re: BXW] [link to this post]

Have a google for SPF. It may be that Hotmail doesn't trust your host sending on behalf of your domain but if you add an SPF record to your domain name configuration then that should resolve it.
Standard User abbeyman
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-18 19:40:13
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

If its a multi forward that could be the problem. lots of emails being sent all in one go. that otten triggers spam filters

Edited by abbeyman (Fri 16-Nov-18 19:42:05)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kalinihta
(newbie) Thu 22-Nov-18 11:41:03
Print Post

[re: BXW] [link to this post]

If you have configured everything correctly, then the mail server should work properly. But I always test such things so that there are no unpleasant surprises. For the future, you can connect the monitoring server, it is easy to do, here is the instruction host-tracker.com/Blog/server_m Why did you choose hotmail?
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Thu 22-Nov-18 13:57:21
Print Post

[re: Kalinihta] [link to this post]

Don't think the OP chose hotmail (although the people he is trying to e-mail may have done). The same problem recurs from time to time when trying to e-mail @btinternet.com addresses from some mail servers.
  Print Thread

Jump to