General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 26-May-09 19:59:56
Print Post

Hi-Velocity just had the plug pulled

[link to this post]

My hi-velocity connection id down and I get re-deirected to a murphx page.

I called murphx who told me they have pulle dthe plug on hi-velocty's broadband supply.

Looks like no more hi-velocity, there webpage doesn't even work.

Murphx are offereing to pick up hi-velicity's client though, very nice of them, seeing as how they are wholesalrers only.
Standard User krazykizza
(member) Tue 26-May-09 20:02:22
Print Post

Re: Hi-Velocity just had the plug pulled

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Bad times.

they should of at least informed you of termination. You have the right to a notice period and to request a MAC code if you are not happy,

Entanet - 32db attenuation, noise 18db ~ stability = freakishly stable.
6mbps > 4.5mbps > 3.5mbps+750kbps upload
Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 26-May-09 20:04:35
Print Post

[re: krazykizza] [link to this post]

The best bit is, they sent my bill through today which is unusally early, shame it is paid automatically.

Cheeky b@stards..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 26-May-09 20:05:21
Print Post

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/t/3640444-h...

Bob: Demon dialup >> Freeserve dialup >> BT Broadband >> Prodigynet >> Newnet >> O2 Standard.
Purple Cloud for domain, email and web space.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 26-May-09 20:11:45
Print Post

Their site is working, and it maybe just a billing dispute with one supplier, not uncommon with the smaller suppliers and wholesalers

They still appear to be using an ISPA logo when not listed as a member though - which is not good.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User KevinR
(experienced) Tue 26-May-09 20:54:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Didn't Hi-V have a lot of posts on here not all that long ago as they were dragging their heels over MACs and such like? That always seems to turn into a major change or failure not too much further down the line.

Got it:
End March - didn't know who carried what connection - caused customer problems.
End March - weird outage
End March - member lanus - says still NOT got MAC.

Dec - Jan - problems getting MACs, member lanus claimed to have asked since June 08!
Dec - Contact Problems
Dec - Problems getting MACs.

Hey, they lasted FIVE months after a public outing of MAC problems. That's actually pretty good.

Kevin

H: Eclipse Flex 512 - grin Living in fear of their NAF LLU Suffering from their heavy daytime throttling.
(Was Vispa Dialup)
M: PlusNet BBYW-1 monthly6.5Mbs - grin They went mad the month I joined

Edited by KevinR (Tue 26-May-09 21:02:48)

Standard User krazykizza
(member) Tue 26-May-09 21:24:04
Print Post

you should of canceled your direct debit through your bank. That is the advice I give you in future. I always do that whenever i change an ISP. regardless of payment due or not.

Entanet - 32db attenuation, noise 18db ~ stability = freakishly stable.
6mbps > 4.5mbps > 3.5mbps+750kbps upload
Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
Standard User JIMHILL10
(newbie) Tue 26-May-09 22:26:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have just found out with the help of my IT friend that my service has been suspended as well,just got my bill in as well no mention about anything being wrong and i have phoned 4 times and left messages with Hi-V but they have not even got the balls to reply and explain whats going on, 6years loyal service and then get dropped like this very unhappy. ok rant over has anyone heard what murphx Innovative Solutions are like ?
Jim
Standard User Lanus
(learned) Tue 26-May-09 23:21:28
Print Post

[re: KevinR] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by KevinR:
Dec - Jan - problems getting MACs, member lanus claimed to have asked since June 08!
Dec - Contact Problems
Dec - Problems getting MACs.

Hey, they lasted FIVE months after a public outing of MAC problems. That's actually pretty good.

Yes i first asked for my MAC on june 28th 2008 and emailed them maybe 25 times at various points after that. On the few times i got to talk to them i was told that it would be with me in the morning on first thing on monday. I wasnt really annoyed by the actual service most of the time, it was more a case of just wanting out because there were cheaper and much more stable isps to be with. Its been known that Hi-V was going under for well over a year now. I was also scared of cancelling in case they tagged my line or something. It seems an isp has a firm grip of your beans and neither law nor OFCOM can do anything reasonable about it.

What is the next step in this process? Will Murphx Innovative Solutions Limited give us all a MAC key if we dont want to remain with them?

The search for a new isp is on now and for anyone interested my shortlist at the moment looks like the following...
http://www.vivaciti.net/adsl-home.php
http://www.vispa.com/broadband-home.php
https://www.icukhosting.co.uk/broadband/internet_ads...
http://adsl24.co.uk/broadband/home/

I was always going to go with ADSL24 but reading the latest comments it seems theyre turning into Hi-V so probably best to steer clear of them. All the above are cheap, no-contract and uncapped but with various peak restrictions. Any other ideas are welcome.
Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Wed 27-May-09 04:30:26
Print Post

[re: Lanus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lanus:
Vivaciti Family packages) and ADSL24 (Home packages) are both Entanet resellers but now have new non-Enta packages as well.

Enta have moved to WBC and IPSC (BT 21CN products). It has been a disaster for many customers and continues to be so.

Vivaciti have non-Enta Surfwise 75 (O-Bit) and LLU Unlimited (C & W), both seem to be getting good reports. ADSL24 have a Be-based LLU package.

I don't know much about Vispa or ICUK.

To make any more suggestions we need to know your exchange, typical download GBs per month, maximum spend and preferably your line stats.

Bob: Demon dialup >> Freeserve dialup >> BT Broadband >> Prodigynet >> Newnet >> O2 Standard.
Purple Cloud for domain, email and web space.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to