General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-Feb-11 16:15:22
Print Post

Anyone have Zen landline with O2 BB/other LLU provider?

[link to this post]

Hi all

I recently moved to a house with a stopped BT line that needed re-activating. Hoping to avoid getting tied into a long contract with BT, I looked at short term landline options, and eventually went for Zen's home phone service.

My question is, can I still get O2 LLU broadband (or indeed any other LLU broadband) via my Zen landline? From checking my exchange, it has multiple LLU options....just confused if the actual Zen line will accept it. (The original plan before moving was to order O2 broadband and line rental, but O2 couldn't find the right address for my flat on their database).

Thanks for any help!

Matt
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 15-Feb-11 16:23:07
Print Post

Re: Anyone have Zen landline with O2 BB/other LLU provider?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi Matt,

There is no technical reason you can't get O2 LLU on it. But Zen T & Cs may say you mustn't. So read those.

Re O2 - are you aware of the FUP and traffic management on the new packages? You may be better off with Be. In either case you can get significant cashback from TopCashBack and Quidco.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-Feb-11 16:48:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Many thanks RobertoS, will look into it. I guess I can always switch to O2/BE landline after my 1 month term fairly painlessly, right?

I had heard the murmurs about O2 bringing in traffic management - could well be the deal breaker in going for BE instead

Matt

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 15-Feb-11 17:34:32
Print Post

I expect so. I don't look into the phone side a lot. What you have to watch out for on both O2 and Be landline though is you can't have it without their respective broadband.

So if you migrate out you have to move the phone out as well fairly quickly.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 15-Feb-11 17:53:59
Print Post

Not murmurs they have traffic management that was announced publically back in 2010 on O2 products.

Whether it is good or bad depends on what you use your connection for.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User igsy
(member) Tue 15-Feb-11 20:20:05
Print Post

Hi,

I had been with Zen Broadband for over 12 months when,in December, I decided to join their Home Phone Service.

Before doing this I checked with Zen that I could move either Phone or Broadband away from them independently if i needed to. They said this would be fine.

Earlier this month I migrated my broadband to another provider, no problems with Zen they had been excellent, it was just that I was at last able to go to an LLU provider at my exchange.

So, I still have my Home Talk Plus with Zen and get BB from my new unbundled supplier.

BTW I find the Zen phone service excellent and it is actually working out cheaper than BT which was not the main purpose of the switch, just a bonus.

Good luck.

iSight G5 Mac. Zen 8000 active
  Print Thread

Jump to