General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blacky
(newbie) Sat 19-Feb-11 11:45:42
Print Post

i,ve got my MAC code and i'm off to.......??

[link to this post]

Hi all
I have been a long serving customer with (originally) nildram who i found fine, TALK TALK ate them up and now i'm off( due to many many issues mainly xbox live just not working properly!!) So i've finally got my MAC code and i'm looking elsewhere. I would like around 50gb allowance and I currently can only recieve 8meg speeds, The main 3 contenders so far are idnet home plus, BE unlimited and zen active, if Zen would supply me a free modem (I could do with a new one really) I would happily pay the extra for what looks like an excellent service but 50 quid for a modem on top makes it a bit costly.
Thats literally all i want 8meg broadband with around 50gb allowance that actually provides what it asays it will oh and a wireless modem/router!!! any thoughts guys??

Tia
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:06:21
Print Post

Re: i,ve got my MAC code and i'm off to.......??

[re: blacky] [link to this post]

Have you checked you can actually get Be? If so, then that is a no-brainer as the others are still on BT Wholesale DLM.

If you can, then order online (after clearing cookies) through TopCashBack or Quidco, to get £40/£35 cash back in a while.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:07:49
Print Post

I suggest Idnet, excellent company and care for their customers. Zen also have a godd reputation. I believe BE have some problems at times according to their forum on here.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 19-Feb-11 12:09:35
Print Post

try o2. I've just renewed for a further 12 months - I've already had two years. Clued up and helpful techie people, all UK based. Nothing too much trouble. But, they do have to have put their equipment in your exchange - it's no good having a re-labelled BT product. Hope this helps. John
Standard User blacky
(newbie) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:10:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ah
BE website doesnt work idnet it is then????
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:11:38
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
try o2. I've just renewed for a further 12 months - I've already had two years. Clued up and helpful techie people, all UK based. Nothing too much trouble. But, they do have to have put their equipment in your exchange - it's no good having a re-labelled BT product. Hope this helps. John
A renewed legacy package is a totally different kettle of fish from one of the new packages! Recommending the new ones has to be done with great care.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User blacky
(newbie) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:14:59
Print Post

does idnet have a check ur usage facility on their web site??
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:15:09
Print Post

What doesn't work?

Try this link.

You really ought to research a little more, you seem to want to jump without really inspecting where you will land smile.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:17:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by blacky:
Yes, but not real-time. Updates daily, overnight it seems.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 19-Feb-11 12:17:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by blacky:
Yes, there's a daily usage facility within your account area, and you can also set up an RSS feed to get the same information.

Updated at midnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to