General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SoylentCola
(newbie) Mon 07-Mar-11 16:26:23
Print Post

Had enough of O2

[link to this post]

What with the introduction of a 40gb fup and a price increase of my previously cheep unlimited service I have started looking for a new supplier.

Unfortunately my exchange is not unbundled as far as I can tell (Biggleswade) so I am pretty much stuck with access packages. I am not a super heavy downloader but 40GB does not cut it 60gb would be nearer the mark. The other caveat is that Virgin managed to miss my house when cabling the street and refuse to add it in to the fiber.

So where does that leave me?

Plusnet, various stories of horror about customer service but the 60gb cap and unmetered 12-8 looks nice, and it is cheep.

BT, Not cheep but its BT and they will probably give me everything I need but stories of heavy handed traffic management are a concern.

Others...really don't know!

Basically if you have any words of wisdom or advice I would be happy to hear them.
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Mar-11 16:47:36
Print Post

Re: Had enough of O2

[re: SoylentCola] [link to this post]

You can get ADSL2+ LLU on your exchange, we have our variety package available on that exchange.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 07-Mar-11 16:47:50
Print Post

Plusnet traffic management. may or may not be a problem for you.

You can get LLU services on that exchange. AOL is a no-no but have you ruled out TalkTalk? It isn't something I would go for, I admit, and P2P is heavily throttled, but also cheap. Problem is it is Full LLU though.

There are at least two resellers of TalkTalk Business Wholesale there though. A bit pricier, but depending on your full line stats, which you can find using this guide, you may be able to get up to 20Mbps instead of what you get now, if what you get is 7-8Mbps connection speed. Again though, 100GB but P2P can be throttled unless you pay a high premium to get unlimited and no throttling.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Mon 07-Mar-11 19:57:43
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

OK, I saw that AOL and TT had LLU on my exchange but I did not want to touch either with a bargepole, but your service looks like it may be what I need, I have a couple of questions though.
1) I can get the ADSL2+ LLU 100GB FUP package on my number (great), does this come with a router or is that up to me?
2) Where can I find the FUP and is the 100GB peak or everything.
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Mar-11 20:15:45
Print Post

Hi,
You would need to supply your own ADSL2+ router (the one you use now does it belong to O2?)
The FUP is the data amount of 100GB and the 100GB is monthly.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
(newbie) Tue 08-Mar-11 16:36:42
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Yes it's their router (and they are welcome to it). I shall be registering with you chaps soon. Thanks for the assist.
Standard User Q87
(learned) Tue 08-Mar-11 20:00:19
Print Post

I had O2 and moved to Xilo
Standard User captainmouse
(regular) Wed 09-Mar-11 20:10:16
Print Post

I was with o2 briefly and moved to vivaciti