General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deviate
(newbie) Sun 13-Mar-11 15:33:04
Print Post

New ISP needed

[link to this post]

hi everyone.
i have bband at the moment that originally was with f2s, now it is with Talk Talk.
My problem is Talk Talk insist on me using direct debit now even though they said my credit card was fine at first. I am on the Millom exchange and don't really know who else i could get bband with. I do not wish to use direct debit at all. The only other provider i know about is BT. Oh i have BT telephone.
Any suggestions please.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Mar-11 16:25:29
Print Post

Re: New ISP needed

[re: deviate] [link to this post]

I think nearly all ISPs want Direct debit these days.

What's wrong with it anyway? It's a darn sight safer than a Continuous Charge Authority on a credit card as you have no control over that, but a lot of control over d/ds.

Unless you mean you paid each bill individually yourself using the credit card.

Re a new ISP, you have a hundred or so to choose from, most of them better than the TalkTalk (non-LLU) service you are currently on. BT broadband is amongst the worst. The important questions before we can narrow that down to two or three for you are:-

Excluding the phone line cost, how much are you paying for broadband at the moment, would you find cheaper very desirable, or would you pay more for a top-notch service?

Have you any idea how much you download and upload per month? That makes a huge difference to costs. Did your F2S service and now your TT one have an allowance, and is it enough?

Do you do a lot of gaming, or P2P downloading etc.?

Who provides your email service? F2S/TT, or gmail or what?

Can you try to find and post your line stats from your modem/router please? See here for help.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Mar-11 16:27:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi, I know someone who pay with cash each month at the post office, for (mypostoffice) broadband and phone.

Broadband Extra £21.40 a month for unlimited downloads. smile

payments to suit you - by direct debit, over the phone or at your local Post Office branch and the price is the same whichever you choose.

http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone

Orange (SMPF) LLU 20 Meg. Sync 11864 Kbps Downstream, 1157 Kbps Upstream.
3Com 3CRWDR101A-75 ADSL2/2+ wireless router
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Sun 13-Mar-11 16:48:47)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deviate
(newbie) Sun 13-Mar-11 16:31:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I don't use d/debit all all thank you and never will again. At the moment i pay £18, i was on the no limits f2s service and used their email
  Print Thread

Jump to