General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JRichens
(newbie) Fri 15-Apr-11 16:40:37
Print Post

Who to choose... Stratford-Upon-Avon Exchange

[link to this post]

Hello!

I am moving to Stratford-Upon-Avon who have quite a good exchange, providing ADSL2+ around 17mbps and beyond from the new home postcode i'm moving to.

However I looked at a price from sky for phone line and broadband package which will be LLU ofcourse, and they said it would only be ADSL....

However I am trying to get the fastest connection possible, and the exchange says I can have ADSL2+ in this area.

Please help with suggesting who I should go with and what speeds I should expect 500m (direct line) from the Stratford-Upon-Avon exchange

Postcode = CV37 6PA

Cheers
Joe

Edited by JRichens (Fri 15-Apr-11 16:43:52)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Apr-11 16:47:27
Print Post

Re: Who to choose... Stratford-Upon-Avon Exchange

[re: JRichens] [link to this post]

BT Wholesale, O2, Sky, TalkTalk are listed as available.

If Sky are saying ADSL only that suggests their LLU service is full, and they are offering the much poorer quality IPStream product. I presume from your 17Meg comments that you are living in central Stratford - asking as while the exchange will offer ADSL2+ the speed you get depends on your distance from house to the exchange.

In which case consider O2 or Be

maps.thinkbroadband.com can give an idea of what speeds others get in the area

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User JRichens
(newbie) Fri 15-Apr-11 17:08:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I see somone on Virgin got 23.37 Mbps down and 4.56 Mbps up!!! It's just up from me...

Is that cable?????/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Apr-11 17:49:17
Print Post

[re: JRichens] [link to this post]

Yes cable is also available in the area, though very often unless a property already has VM TV or broadband, getting connected can be hit or miss.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to