General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-May-11 11:27:56
Print Post

Short term or no contract ISP

[link to this post]

I have just moved into a houseshare and there is currently no internet and no phone line.
Im just wondering as to the best option is for me considering I'd need a short term or no contract but possibly longer 6-12months if there isnt a huge exit fee or cost to change supplier.
Also would I have to have a phone line installed for internet? At what cost?
Ive been looking at plusnet but keep hearing bad things about them and just seem to keep going round in circles and getting a headache with everything i read!
I also considered a dongle but they have extortionate fees for extra allowance as far as i can see?

Any help appreciated!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 31-May-11 11:43:53
Print Post

Re: Short term or no contract ISP

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Virgin Media - but may come with a 12 month contract, if the cable service is available at that location.

If your usage is going above what the dongles offer, then it probably is bite the bullet and get a landline installed. If its a shared house, can you not share the cost around a little?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-May-11 12:09:52
Print Post

Re: Short term or no contract ISP

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Well there are plenty of deals around for monthly contracts, but you will have to pay for both activation charge to get the broadband up and running and cease fee when your finished with it.
With regards to the phone line, if there is an old service that can be taken over then you should be OK there as some will do a free re-start (we charge £5.00 for a re-start) but if not then you will be looking at a new phone line install and this can ramp the costs up quite a bit if you don't want a longer contract.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to