General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 22-Jul-11 00:05:18
Print Post

Seeking a good isp for Walsgrave on sowe (Coventry - CMWAL

[link to this post]

Hey everyone, i live in Coventry on the exchange Walsgrave on Sowe CMWAL and have been having a lot of trouble with my current ISP (Virgin). Past about 5pm my connection turn unuseable, as in web browsers load really slow, can barely load videos and my ps3 xbox and pc games always have bad connection online! my speed tests won't even complete at times to get a good reading, and when it does they are always about 2mb. I have been talking to virgin for a while about my problem and they have tried to help, sent and engineer round to take a look but now its at the point where they are saying its nothing on there end.

I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for ISPs in my area?i was originally going to switch to BT infinity until i realized it was not yet installed in my area. i had BT before but the router kept cutting out the download speed was dreadful! i do not want to switch to talktalk or sky as i have heard real bad things about them but at the moment i can't think of anymore isp's! any help would be appreciated and here is my speed results during working times for my internet. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1396202027.png (Upload speed is always 3)

Thanks

Chris
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Jul-11 07:52:09
Print Post

Re: Seeking a good isp for Walsgrave on sowe (Coventry - CMW

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

BE

Be* Unlimited
Standard User chris6273
(member) Fri 22-Jul-11 08:38:47
Print Post

Looks like Virgins network is rubbish and congested in your area (It is quite common and they probably won't do anything about it until it becomes an issue to the extent of local newspapers getting involved).

As nredwood suggests, Be is probably the best provider currently at your exchange (They have fabulous reviews) but the speed you will receive will be dependant on your telephone line's length from the Telephone Exchange to your premises.

Do you have any line figures from when you had BT before?

You might want to check your premises' distance to this postcode: CV23FF which is the exchange (Your line length will always be longer than the birds-eye distance from the exchange to your property).

I hope this helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------
6851kbps Throughput:
My Broadband Speed Test

Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 13.0 db 10.0 db
Max(Kbps): 11616 1056

Edited by chris6273 (Fri 22-Jul-11 08:42:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jul-11 09:05:39
Print Post

Hi, your exchange has WBC 24Meg, go Orange and if you already have Orange mobile phone contract, you get £5 per month off the broadband price.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/broadband/compare-all/

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/CMWAL

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 23-Jul-11 14:43:51
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

I do have a BT line still

Chris
  Print Thread

Jump to