General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Nothinbuttrouble
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 16:59:12
Print Post

Find me a new ISP?

[link to this post]

I have recently just got o2 home broadband and was shocked by their traffic management on-peak and off-peak especially with regards to p2p. I cancelled with o2 and changed to BE broadband but found that they couldn't provide all the services I wanted but their speeds were fine round the clock. Can anyone out there suggest an ISP with speeds that aren't throttled at peak times and who don't throttle p2p speeds??
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Aug-11 17:17:58
Print Post

Re: Find me a new ISP?

[re: Nothinbuttrouble] [link to this post]

What other providers are to be found in your exchange?

I have recently just got o2 home broadband and was shocked by their traffic management on-peak and off-peak especially with regards to p2p. I cancelled with o2 and changed to BE broadband but found that they couldn't provide all the services I wanted but their speeds were fine round the clock. Can anyone out there suggest an ISP with speeds that aren't throttled at peak times and who don't throttle p2p speeds??

What services was it that BE couldn't provide for you that you require from another ISP?

Alastair

omadasafisho
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 18:10:10
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Sorry i should have mentioned that before. I live in Northern Ireland at postcode BT62 so i can pretty much get services from all major providers. Fibre optic hasn't been rolled out in my area yet though.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 01-Aug-11 19:01:28
Print Post

The question was what is it Be don't provide smile.

If it is email and webspace then you are far better off with ISP-independent provision for that, so you never have to change email addresses or website ever again. It isn't expensive. See this page.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 19:08:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The BE thing isn't really that important to be honest. I just put that in there so people wouldn't suggest them as a possible provider good speeds. I am more interested in providers that dont traffic manage, at all if possible, but if they do then to what speeds??
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 01-Aug-11 19:15:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The question was what is it Be don't provide smile.

A service in my area.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM ~ Connection Data
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Aug-11 19:17:52
Print Post

I am more interested in providers that dont traffic manage, at all if possible, but if they do then to what speeds??

As a matter of interest did you find that a problem with BE?

What sort of monthly GB usage will you need and how much are you willing to spend per month to get it?

What other LLU providers are in your exchange?

Alastair

omadasafisho
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 19:34:35
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I dont really mind what the cost is if i am able to get the best possible speeds from my line. Within reason that is. I would also like an unlimited usage policy as i am not the only user at home and we do a lot of gaming.

I am currently looking at Sky unlimited although their policy is contradictive. It says in their policy that they traffic manage peer-to-peer networking and newsgroups across the whole sky network and then goes on to say that there are no restrictions on the Sky broadband unlimited package.

I can get almost all broadband providers in my area however i have already ruled out o2/Be and BT.

I need advice lol.
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Aug-11 19:39:26
Print Post

What exchange are you on?

Be* Unlimited
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 01-Aug-11 21:27:22
Print Post

[re: nredwood] [link to this post]

Portadown

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to