General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jdobrowski
(newbie) Tue 02-Aug-11 16:29:09
Print Post

New home - BT or Orange

[link to this post]

Hi Folks,

I'm going to be moving home in a weeks time, and it appears that the local exchange in my new town of Henley-in-Arden has no LLU operator presence.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/CMHEN

I'm ideally looking for a broadband connection with no download limits, and after talking to BT, Sky, Orange, Virgin and O2 have narrowed it down to BT and Orange.

For the unlimited package Orange is approximately £13 cheaper per month than BT. However, are there likely to be any speed differences between the two? Also, does anyone have any experience on the stability of both providers and can offer a comparison?

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to broadband tech, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
James

Edited by jdobrowski (Tue 02-Aug-11 16:53:28)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Aug-11 23:30:12
Print Post

Re: New home - BT or Orange

[re: jdobrowski] [link to this post]

Hi James, Henley-in-Arden not far from me, your broadband speed with BT and Orange would be the same as your exchange has only 8Meg Max available.

I note the broadband usage allowance with BT 10Gig per month and Orange is unlimited.

For the Orange landline telephone, you notice no difference to with BT only you just pay Orange.

Orange WBC 20 Meg. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Netgear DGN1000 ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User jdobrowski
(newbie) Wed 03-Aug-11 10:47:55
Print Post

Re: New home - BT or Orange

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Hi E7er,

Thanks for the info! After some shopping around last night I finally went with Orange. It was hard to pass up being £13 cheaper per month for an unlimited package, plus the Quidco deal for 3 months free, £150 cashback and £20 in HMV vouchers.

It's good to hear there won't be any difference in speed or landlane quality.

Cheers,
James

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to