General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User keymaster
(member) Fri 19-Aug-11 17:59:26
Print Post

Talk talk LLU the darkside??

[link to this post]

Hi
I recently changed to Xilo and they are good, no complaints and I am happy with Xilo and Matts diamond support........but
I was told we would never get LLU here and as per my previous post on here my son downloads like crazy....Woman knocks on door tonight and say Talk talk LLU now available @ my exchange (cromer) and TALK TALK truelly unlimited was available, I checked sam knows and it says not, I checked with TALK TALK HQ and they say yes and that package she offered me was only available on LLU,.
1) talk talk LLU is it good?
2) is it really here?
many thanks
Key

Xilo
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Aug-11 18:09:31
Print Post

Re: Talk talk LLU the darkside??

[re: keymaster] [link to this post]

Not to dissuade you, we offer a service using their equipment.

Not unmetered though, but if of interest, do drop me a line via your account and can discuss further wink

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 19-Aug-11 18:46:59
Print Post

There are three ways I know of to get LLU via TalkTalk, of whch TalkTalk itself is the cheapest and probably not suitable for you. In particular your son. The T & Cs also state:-

6. Your Use of the Services

6.1 You agree not to use the Services:

6.1.1 for business purposes or to sell on or supply the Services to anyone on a commercial basis;

The other two are from Xilo/uno and vivaciti, who sell different products based on using the wholesale arm of TalkTalk. In the same way as hundreds of ISPs sell products based on BT Wholesale but different from each other and from BT Retail.

Another problem with TalkTalk itself could be its heavy throttling of P2P, which is probably what your son is using.

I suggest you go the uno route if possible, as you are happy with them, with vivaciti the next option.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Aug-11 19:55:59
Print Post

If you wanted to see for sure, use our checker http://www.vivaciti.net/signup.php (you don't have to sign up to our service, but our checker is a live feed)
If it gives you the option for "ADSL2+ LLU 100GB FUP - offers a 100GB FUP on LLU"
The Talk Talk is avalible on your exchange, if that option is not offered then you can not get it I am afraid.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User keymaster
(member) Sat 20-Aug-11 08:25:17
Print Post

Hi
Thanks for replies, hhhhmmm I waited all this time for LLU and now its arrived it seems I am better off without it, jeepers.
Key

Xilo
Standard User SimonCandest
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Aug-11 17:49:50
Print Post

Don't be put off by the doom mongers. I switched to TalkTalk LLU some time back and I am 100% happy with the service. I did switch from the Essentials package to the Plus package (I realised I had added on so many extras that I was cheaper on Plus) and thus far have not had any mention of useage....

FWIW, I watched the WHOLE of season 7 of Hells Kitchen on youtube, half of Masterchef USA and many other downloads. Mucho bandwidth smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying on TalkTalk

Gib mir die Hand, ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
  Print Thread

Jump to