General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Stephen_H
(newbie) Fri 30-Sep-11 09:54:50
Print Post

From 2675kbps to 14892kbps in 48 hours

[link to this post]

Just had to tell you about the problems I have had with my old supplier.
Been with BT for almost 2 years, in that time, the best speed I have ever had was 6250 kbps and that lasted for about an hours one day back in march.
Contacted BT on several occassions about the poor speeds, only to be told it was my equipment that was at fault.

So two days ago i switched to a new supplier, my speed at anytime, is never below 12000 kbps and as of writing this letter it is sat at 15230 kbps.

The equipment is the same, the line in is the same and I live 1/2 mile from the exchange. The new service I am receiving is costing me £24.99/month and includes line rental and all Landline calls to any number at any time and still kepy my old phone number

BT ! Pfffft
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Sep-11 13:41:42
Print Post

Re: From 2675kbps to 14892kbps in 48 hours

[re: Stephen_H] [link to this post]

Who's the new supplier?

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Sep-11 15:40:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by Stephen_H:
The equipment is the same
In the exchange? Before you were using BT; now you are using LLU.

Is exchange 21CN enabled? What exchange?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stephen_H
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-11 20:28:27
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Xrayspex

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been away a couple of days.

Also sorry that I havent got a clue what you are talking about, I am a bit of a internet thicko, so if you could put your question to me again, I would be more than happy to answer, cheers buddy.
Standard User Stephen_H
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-11 20:38:13
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Hello Dennis

Can i first start by saying that I am not working for, being paid by, nor have any reason to push the company that I am going to mention, However, you asked the question so will answer it truthfully.

I took up an offer by a company called The Utility warehouse. They have taken over my Gas/Electricity/Mobile Phones (x2), internet and phone calls. I believe the internet connection is now handled ny "Opal".
They sent me a plug and play Router which automatically configured itself and I was on line in seconds.
I just fail to see how the same phone line that I was using under BT can supply almost treble the download speed.

BT were charging me £39.50 for line rental/ broadband and free evening and weekend calls. When i told them I was leaving to go to Utility Warehouse they immediately said on the phone that they could cut my bill to £25.99 + Vat.
They had no answer when I told them UW were supplying line rental/broadband and free calls to any landline at anytime for £24.99.

So please dont take this as a plug for UW, I have no reason to do that, I simply think for what they offer compared to BT they cannot be beaten and the proof is in the pudding.

Cheers Dennis.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Oct-11 21:08:21
Print Post

Thanks Stephen, I was just being curious!

I'm happy with Plusnet Value, BB , line rental & anytime calls for £22.97 but always on the look out for better deals wink

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 02-Oct-11 21:08:34
Print Post

Oh, TalkTalk. smile

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Oct-11 23:03:25
Print Post

You know what a telephone exchange is, don't you?

Just tell us the district where you live and we might be able to answer your original Q.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 03-Oct-11 12:32:32
Print Post

"... only to be told it was my equipment that was at fault ....The equipment is the same ....".
In reply to a post by Stephen_H:
They sent me a plug and play Router which automatically configured itself and I was on line in seconds.
Ummm tongue

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 03-Oct-11 12:35:32
Print Post

Can i first start by saying that I am not working for, being paid by, nor have any reason to push the company that I am going to mention, However, you asked the question so will answer it truthfully.
Methinks thou dost protest too much smile. Nobody suggested any such motivation.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to