General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User InfernoGuy
(newbie) Mon 17-Oct-11 14:46:51
Print Post

Looking for a new FTTC unlimited data ISP.

[link to this post]

Greetings

I've been with virgin media since moving into my house 8 years ago and am finally getting fed up with all the speed slow downs, gaming lag, "local faults" and just generally poor service.

I'm currently on their 20Mb package and would like to stay at that sort of speed as I watch quite a few streamed TV programs in a month. Also due to the amount of data i get though in a month, i am looking at unlimited data packages only.

I'm too far away from my exchange for ADSL2+ to be any more than 6Mb, so I'm looking at FTTC ISP's primarily as BT's speed checker thinks I will get a speed of 29.4Mb.
I want my connection to be as unfiltered as possible as don't want to have to deal with the sort of traffic management/shaping I've had at Virgin's hands. Latency is also a concern as I play quite a bit of WoW, which has several bouts of extreme latency during last few months.

I welcome any and all recommendations, thank you.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Oct-11 15:26:41
Print Post

Re: Looking for a new FTTC unlimited data ISP.

[re: InfernoGuy] [link to this post]

How much are you willing to pay?

If limit is under £30, then your only choice is BT Infinity, with its traffic management

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband....
IDNet unlimited is £120 a month
Web Tapestry I presume they are managing too to afford to suppy at the £27 mark

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to