General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User xorzp
(newbie) Mon 24-Oct-11 20:01:31
Print Post

Internet & phone for new home

[link to this post]

I'm current using O2 old Standard plan + BT landline, and am already out of contract period. I have been reasonably happy with the service ( I'm not too demanding about speed ). However, I'm moving home next week, and I wonder if I should have BT and O2 move the service to the new home, or whether I should find a new service ( with possible discount + cashback ) with the main purpose to save money.

From what I have read, Orange seems to have a good high speed package, cheap when bundled with line rental, and also possibly with cashback. However, I don't know if it is possible to get an online cashback to enable the service to my new flat. I may need to call them up to order due to the fact that I don't already own a phone number at the new place. Does anyone know if/how I can order online and get the cashback?

My new exchange:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WEWMAI

Does anyone have any suggestion?
Standard User epyon
(member) Mon 24-Oct-11 20:30:05
Print Post

Re: Internet & phone for new home

[re: xorzp] [link to this post]

Could pick up virgins 100Mbps service with phone if you want a very fast service

for normal adsl2+ orange looks pretty good though it really depends on what you're willing to pay and how much you would be using each month.

you can plug in a phone at you're new place and press 17070 and see if it tells you the number.

BE*Unlimited 17699/1334Kbps
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by epyon (Mon 24-Oct-11 20:31:24)

Standard User xorzp
(newbie) Mon 24-Oct-11 22:41:44
Print Post

Re: Internet & phone for new home

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

I don't need very fast connection. Reliable 10Mbps ( or even slower ) is plenty for me. I think Orange seems reasonable. I didn't know that I can use the current phone number, belong to someone else to set up the connection. I will go ask for the current phone number now then. Thank you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to