General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gob00st
(newbie) Thu 08-Dec-11 19:07:48
Print Post

Is VM service really horrible ?

[link to this post]

I have almost decide to use the VM cable broadband service but then there was a lastest loyalty repot saying VM has been doing a poor job.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/f/4067...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/25/ofcom_custom...

Also someone in this forum STRONGLY advised me to avoid virgin media anonymous.

Could someone using virgin meida please advise ?

Many thanks
Standard User greyposter
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 19:11:34
Print Post

Re: Is VM service really horrible ?

[re: Gob00st] [link to this post]

Works fine for me.Tv,phone and BB all well.

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind."
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 08-Dec-11 19:13:58
Print Post

I migrated from Virgin cable to Sky to get away from their secret 5GB usage allowance.

They also have a cavalier attitude to charging - charging you for everything, including breathing.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 08-Dec-11 19:28:44
Print Post

Hi, I have been with Virgin perhaps for too long
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 08-Dec-11 19:48:37
Print Post

I started to reply but my 1 meg Virgin Media account (supposed to be 10) slowed even my text down whilst trying to make a connection. Their technicians recently wrote off my laptop computer by removing the network files. Sony have a secret partition that no one can get into as it is over 5 years old.

Virgin Media CEO Neil Berkett was not at all interested and a Rajid Tandon in the execs office just passed me on incorrectly, I maight add, to an agency to complain about Virgin Media!!

My broadband has been hell on and off for over 2 years and they keep saying it will get better. As I was hospitalised and had a lot of work to do I hit their 5GB limit and they screwed up all my work as I was not able to continue. In 10 months this happened twice, they penalise you for life even if you are laying in bed aftewr having a heart attack.

Avoid Virgin like the plague. Wait until you have to use their customer service and you can be on for a day being passed from pillar to post. I do not make false statements as they have been contacted under the Data Protection Act to supply copies of all calls just to prove that.

I am registered on this site but due to VM's actions I have to wait seemingly hours for the next window to show. You have been advised.

Bazzer289

It took over 60 seconds to get the recaptcha verification up!!!!!!!!
Standard User greyposter
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 20:42:58
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I've got 60% lung capacity (COPD),so VM can only have the other 40%.

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind."
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 08-Dec-11 21:26:51
Print Post

Virgin Media advertises on 10MB a Movie of 1GB takes 14.8 mins. In my case try a day or more, current 28kbs download speed!! They also state their service is unlimited, totally false as they have admitted to me that they are restricting my service. A case for the Advertising Standards Agency perhaps.

Bazzer289
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Thu 08-Dec-11 22:06:43
Print Post

My letter of disappointment to VM stated such occasions, that a happy customer is your best advertisement and as I was not happy I would not recommend them to anyone. Their inability to set up direct debit for the whole 12 months, which would result in all services being disconnected for 5 days every month for 12 months, with the subsequent £5.00 every month for a apology, the absolute shocking down load speed of their up to 20mbps would come in around 2mbps, once I hit the dizzy height of 14mbps one Monday at 4am. All I can advise is I appreciate my solid reliable copper line.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Dec-11 19:23:40
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

If as people say there are these 5GB secret usage allowances then evidence.

The 10Mbps service does have trigger levels at which point they do slow you down a lot, and this is documented on their website. Also remember 70% of VM customers buy the cheapest product which does not help with regards to congestion.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Dec-11 19:27:01
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Why are you letting what are essentially wiring technicians use your computer?

As for a secret Sony partition, many devices have a recovery partition, that is designed to be used only for recovery of the machine. Even then a boot from DVD drive re-install from OS disk will revive a machine and failing that a new HDD is cheap and easy to fit or fitted by PC World.

While I fully understand some people have had a bad experience, when the stories become multi-layered one does wonder, how close to actual truth it is.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to