General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 04-Feb-12 17:36:10
Print Post

Freeola?

[link to this post]

Does anyone have any views on Freeola? I am currently on an upto 8 meg connection with an Entanet reseller but am unhappy with the variance in speed I am seeing, and an apparent lack of interest from my reseller.

I need something like the 30Gb peak allowance with an un-metered off peak so this limits my choices as does the market one status of my exchange. all things seem to point to Freeola as a good bet, but before taking the plunge I wanted to see is anyone has any negative views.
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Sun 05-Feb-12 14:31:54
Print Post

Re: Freeola?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have recently been looking at Freeola. They seem to have very satisfied customers. For a Market 1 exchange, you will not beat the Post Office if you put BB and phone with them, which gets a large discount.
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/home-pho...

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2027/plusnetspeed.jpg
Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!
Standard User rehabwales
(newbie) Mon 18-Jun-12 22:12:41
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Horrible Fair use Policy

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(newbie) Tue 19-Jun-12 04:47:17
Print Post

[re: rehabwales] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rehabwales:
Horrible Fair use Policy

Stop acting like a troll!
"Some companies claim to offer broadband with unlimited data usage allowances, but actually limit your allowance with 'fair-use' policies. This means that they often restrict your internet usage much more than you'd expect. We simply offer GENUINELY UNLIMITED data allowances every evening and ALL weekend, so you can do literally as much downloading in these hours as you like"
http://freeola.com/broadband/
Standard User ClaretMatt
(newbie) Tue 19-Jun-12 06:50:58
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

He obviously means the Post Office's FUP
(newbie) Tue 19-Jun-12 07:54:57
Print Post

[re: ClaretMatt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ClaretMatt:
He obviously means the Post Office's FUP

Sorry My mistake, though when I was with the P.O. they were unlimited. Now that the P.O. are switching supplier to Talktalk times are changing. It is the same everywhere with even the likes of PN going for a long contract tie-in with the line rental up front wheeze. It is difficult for the user now. I still think premium suppliers like Zen and Freeola are worth the price just for the no tie-in in these quickly changing times.
Standard User dazzle39
(newbie) Tue 19-Jun-12 09:17:26
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I migrated from another Enta reseller to Freeola in Feb this year (thanks to advice received from this forum). So far I have been very impressed.

Freeola, as you are no doubt aware, are also an Enta reseller but offer different usage packages to the 'standard' Enta ones. e.g. Freeola's off peak times begin at 7pm, Mon - Fri which suits my families usage better. They are also slightly more generous with their peak allowance for almost the same price.

My (Market 1) exchange has very recently been upgraded to ADSL2+ and I am awaiting a regrade.

Freeola don't tie you in to anything more than a monthly contract - so if they don't suit your needs you can always look elsewhere.

Dave
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 19-Jun-12 12:31:51
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Sorry My mistake
Hi smile,

As a newbie here, you may not realise that you can edit or even delete posts for up to 12 hours after posting. Can be useful in this sort of situation.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(newbie) Tue 19-Jun-12 12:50:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Sorry My mistake
Hi smile,

As a newbie here, you may not realise that you can edit or even delete posts for up to 12 hours after posting. Can be useful in this sort of situation.

Thank you RobertoS
Standard User keymaster
(member) Fri 22-Jun-12 11:34:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Sorry My mistake
Hi smile,

Hi
And don't get me worng as I am a feeola user and very happy but if you are an ISP rep dont you have to have this declared in your profile?
thanks
Key

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to