General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User knicol46
(newbie) Fri 30-Mar-12 17:10:17
Print Post

Talk Talk very poor experience

[link to this post]

I transferred my line to another provider on 21 March 2012. I do not understand why and how Talk Talk insist I have to pay them line rental until 4 April 2012 for a line I do not have with them.

They also are charging myself for broadband up to 4 April 2012 even though I cannot receive broadband as my line is now with the new provider.

They also will disconnect and remove my telephone number which I have had for over 40 years and also claim they are unable to transfer my telephone number to any new provider - even though it has been done. They proudly mention the fact I may have to pay a reconnection charge of up to £125 if I leave them.

They cancelled my direct debit, failed to tell myself why they done so, then charged myself an extra £4.50 per bill.

I told them on the 7 March 2012 I was transferring to a new provider and even got a call with some offer to entice myself to stay. They say they have no record of this and claim as I did not listen to their leaving speech they will not end my services even though I recorded the speech on my mobile.

Customer experience score: less than 0/10
I would not join TalkTalk if they were completely free.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 30-Mar-12 17:19:45
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk very poor experience

[re: knicol46] [link to this post]

Overlapping payments - the joy of having to give 30 days notice, and the new provider connecting you within a week or two.

The number porting - nothing to do with TalkTalk - the new provider should have handled all this for you. All TalkTalk should have done is send out the closing bill, and probably an anti-slamming letter giving you notice that the service was going to move.

Was this a full LLU to WLR3 and SMPF or did you move to another full LLU provider?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-May-12 12:41:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I was sorry to read this as I am thinking of switching from BT to talktalk for cost reasons.

My BT quarterly bill is always £85 to £90 although I make negligible phone calls and have 10GB month download limit.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-May-12 12:51:15
Print Post

[re: knicol46] [link to this post]

Happened to me when I was with Talk Talk..

Instructed cancellation for a specific date.

Received "final invoice" billing beyond that date. On querying, this was apparently because "BT might not disconnect all the services on that date. We'll refund any overpayment"

That's, er, their problem. I was moving out and going with cable at the new place. So I'm not going to be paying for any usage after the cancellation date. I calculated the right bill myself and paid that.

A stream of letters from debt collection agencies followed but when the maths was done, I only actually owed them about 20 pence which they never did get. Had they calculated, or recalculated the invoice correctly, that would not have happened.
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Tue 15-May-12 14:12:28
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

My BT quarterly bill is always £85 to £90 although I make negligible phone calls and have 10GB month download limit.

How on earth can you reach this figure? We have BT's anytime calls package, we pay one yr's line rental in advance, and we too have a 10Gb monthly allowance. We pay £15.40 per month.

I don't know if TT is cheaper but on my experience I would advise against your proposed move.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 15-May-12 14:19:27
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

That's £46 per quarter, and does it include the broadband?

I thought he was high as well, but we hardly use out BT phone outside free time and it can still easily hit £60pq, without advance rental. Then BB on top of that.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Tue 15-May-12 14:23:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, BB is included. We think it's excellent value, and we use the phone a lot..

Edited by Malwaremike (Tue 15-May-12 14:25:14)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 15-May-12 14:47:08
Print Post

But but?

The new signup cost of your package is £23.75pm. So how are you managing £15.40? The rental itself is £10.75pm, so you are paying £4.65 for the broadband?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 15-May-12 14:55:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The port alone at wholesale costs £5.88+VAT

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-May-12 15:46:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:

How on earth can you reach this figure? We have BT's anytime calls package, we pay one yr's line rental in advance, and we too have a 10Gb monthly allowance. We pay £15.40 per month.

I don't know if TT is cheaper but on my experience I would advise against your proposed move.

The £15.4 excludes Line as this has been paid, like me, for 1 year as single payment. Poster has not added line to monthly payment.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to