General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dewmass
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-12 18:52:43
Print Post

Decent ISP on short contract length suggestions - Xilo?

[link to this post]

I've decided to cancel Sky after years with them. I really cannot fault the service they have provided and that has kept me with them. My local exchange, MYSAn (Sandal) says FTTC 30/6/12 and although there's no developments in new cabinets near the existing one, I don't want to be caught in a 12 month contract if it suddenly happens.

I'd all but decided on Xilo as I also want to do line rental with a ISP at same time if possible. They offer 50GB and line rental for £23. However, I'd like to ask the experts first

I get slow speeds as I'm miles away from exchange, 1.3MB and tbh I'm not expecting any improvement on that, but I assume they are using LLU which I think is what I'm on with Sky.

ANy alternatives to Xilo for similar or even better, cheaper prices

Edited by dewmass (Sun 08-Apr-12 18:55:57)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 08-Apr-12 19:24:15
Print Post

Re: Decent ISP on short contract length suggestions - Xilo?

[re: dewmass] [link to this post]

If you go for the bundled service, it would be LLU yes smile

We may be able to deliver a slightly better line rate as we can offer a lower SNR margin as well as the removal of interleaving, which if you are on LLU with Sky, I am not sure they can offer.

If you want to drop us a query via our contact page, we'll happily check all the data we can to see what rates are showing for the line as well as which package might be most suitable.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User dewmass
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-12 19:27:44
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Cheers Matt, I did that yesterday but wasn't expecting you to be back working until Tuesday. Want to talk about the cease charges primarily. Is it £47 I'd have to pay if I was lucky enough for Infinity to come within a few months

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 08-Apr-12 19:34:53
Print Post

It would be that if you had to move away/cease within the first 12 months. There isn't any fee to migrate on to the service though.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User everhopeful
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 08-Apr-12 20:08:58
Print Post

Why not stay with Sky until FTTC is definitely available to you? If you have been with them for over a year, you should be able to leave at any time without penalty.
Standard User fowler002
(regular) Mon 09-Apr-12 17:04:29
Print Post

sky will be offering fttc(to customers on fttc enabled exchanges) from this thursday(12th april), so as/when ifttc becomes available to you, you can order it/upgrade to it.
  Print Thread

Jump to