General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User KevinR
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-May-12 01:37:38
Print Post

The usual - who's doing well at the moment

[link to this post]

And after a long absense from this site, I return with the cliche question.... which ISP, which service. Asking as I am moving. I think the flat has a BT and VM line but neither is active.

Exchange is EAMRN
Postcode is SS1 2RT

The irony is I am moving closer to main town centre but the exchange is yet to get 21CN (!) but may have FTTC. A strange combination. Not really looking to overspend as at the current address we've been doing quite well with XILO over C&W LLU for £18pm.

As it looks like I'll have to get the phone reconnected, who's doing the best deals on that, or is a Simultaneous Provide with BT or an ISP phone-service the best choice still. As I recall getting the line first puts a huge delay into the order and setup process, is that still true?

Kevin

H: xilo Pro-16H (C&W) < eclipse Flex-512 (IPSC@14mbps<IPS@8mbps<Hideous Tiscali LLU@50%) < Vispa Dialup
M: plusnet BBYW-1 (IPS@6.5Mbs+ They gave up their 18month madness!)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-May-12 02:20:46
Print Post

Re: The usual - who's doing well at the moment

[re: KevinR] [link to this post]

That postcode should get FTTC in Phase 8a, whenever that gets done there. I think it is after the 21CN date.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-May-12 09:13:59
Print Post

[re: KevinR] [link to this post]

Just round the corder from us, your not too far from the exchange there, its just on the corder or southchurch and southchurch, FTTC has been enabled in the exchange now but I have not been down woodgrange for a while so dont know if the CAB has been done, but I will be down there this afternoon, I will have a look while i'm there.

You wont get a sim provide done if you can get an old line restarted, but if it has to be a new line install you could although these are still sometimes problematic. CW connections in that exchange have been causing us some problems, looks like old kit in there and CW don't see to be bothered to do anything about it but its not so bad that the connection drops every 5 mins but not quite as stable as we would like TT LLU services seem to be doing better, we even moved all our old office lines away from CW to that and was a lot more stable (plus we could get them put on Annex M)
If I see a FTTC cab feeding Honiton (I used to live in that road in a little flat when I was 17, oh memories!) I will post back to you.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 13-May-12 01:59:48
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

The answer is: Carlos Slim

PS Ask a silly question...
  Print Thread

Jump to