General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(newbie) Wed 23-May-12 14:47:24
Print Post

Unlimited ISP neede

[link to this post]

Right now i'm on a LLU exchange via O2 but i have been given a warning that i may be kicked of due to there fup, does anyone know of isp;s that still offer this in an ideal world without me having to move to there telephone line.

All1
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Wed 23-May-12 15:27:27
Print Post

Re: Unlimited ISP neede

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Sky and BT are both now totally unlimited
BT had a 300gb FUP but have removed this now

Sky do not slow down torrents etc though

Both require you to take phone line though
Standard User alloneword
(newbie) Wed 23-May-12 15:31:37
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Sky and BT are both now totally unlimited
BT had a 300gb FUP but have removed this now

Sky do not slow down torrents etc though

Both require you to take phone line though

OK thanks ukhardy07 i'll contact them now and see what the deal is

All1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Wed 23-May-12 15:33:46
Print Post

You may be in a fibre area which would give you upto 80 Mbps & 20 Mbps up

Ask sky about sky unlimited fibre
& BT about BT infinity

Good luck and let us know how you get along

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 23-May-12 15:34:18)

Standard User alloneword
(newbie) Wed 23-May-12 15:48:39
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
You may be in a fibre area which would give you upto 80 Mbps & 20 Mbps up
Good luck and let us know how you get along
Not in fibre area till next year some time frown
Standard User greenglide
(member) Wed 23-May-12 15:57:02
Print Post

BE is truly unlimited and must be available if you are in an O2 LLU area.

Not sure how you move from one ISP to another within the Telefonica group.

Does O2 not do "any" unlimited packages now?

SKY LU is also truly unlimited as well.

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-May-12 16:31:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by alloneword:
Right now i'm on a LLU exchange via O2 but i have been given a warning that i may be kicked of due to there fup, does anyone know of isp;s that still offer this in an ideal world without me having to move to there telephone line.

All1
Be retail has been mentioned, although it is unlimited it would mean a new 12 mths contract, or a 3mth contract at a premium price,
However there are lots of smaller isp's that re sell the BE/o2 wholesale products, which are the same speeds as o2/be retail, but the differences are the price for some products is slightly cheaper or better value for money than the retail offings, other advantages are no min term contract (rolling monthly) uk based support, better peering transit ands a few other differences too and no need to change anything telephone related

Standard User greenglide
(member) Wed 23-May-12 16:37:47
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Be retail has been mentioned, although it is unlimited it would mean a new 12 mths contract, or a 3mth contract at a premium price,
However there are lots of smaller isp's that re sell the BE/o2 wholesale products, which are the same speeds as o2/be retail, but the differences are the price for some products is slightly cheaper or better value for money than the retail offings, other advantages are no min term contract (rolling monthly) uk based support, better peering transit ands a few other differences too and no need to change anything telephone related

Do the resellers of the BE/O2 Wholesale product give the unlimited / unshaped products that the OP obviously requires if he is being "persuaded" to leave O2?

Presumably he must be on the new products even though he has said not as the legacy products are unlimited.

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User alloneword
(newbie) Wed 23-May-12 17:06:16
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greenglide:
BE is truly unlimited and must be available if you are in an O2 LLU area.

Not sure how you move from one ISP to another within the Telefonica group.

Does O2 not do "any" unlimited packages now?

SKY LU is also truly unlimited as well.

Funny this in a way I was with BE for a few yeras before i moved to O2 I moved to O2 as BE was having major issues with my connection going up and down like a tarts pair of drawers, but after months of doing stuff they failed to fix it so i went to O2 with the promise if they failed to fix issue i could leave withing 3 months for sod all, so bit worried about going back to BE to be honest again.

I don't want to change phone side of things as i'm on something called "BT Basic" which is only a fiver a month for line rental, but Sky do want me to move my phone BT say I can stay but BB alone will be £26.80 + £5 for basic making it £31.60 a month, Phew....

O2 stopped doing unlimited deals a while ago but given i was on old tariff, I have just kept rolling on and on and hence still on old tariff.

All1
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-May-12 17:27:26
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greenglide:
In reply to a post by tommy45:

Do the resellers of the BE/O2 Wholesale product give the unlimited / unshaped products that the OP obviously requires if he is being "persuaded" to leave O2?

Presumably he must be on the new products even though he has said not as the legacy products are unlimited.
Yes most of the re sellers offering the BE/O2 wholesale product's offer a unshaped/throttled truly unlimited service, as far as i'm aware, those that don't offer this will i'm sure state this on their web site, there are a few who apply a useage cap, certainly worthwhile considering, also they all give customers a static ip too

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to