General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ratboi
(newbie) Wed 27-Jun-12 10:04:25
Print Post

North London ISP recommendations

[link to this post]

Hello

I am moving back to London in the middle of next year and am trying to sort out as much as I can before I arrive.

To that end I'm chasing a recommendation for an ISP.

I'll probably buy somewhere around Archway tube station/Crouch End - if that helps.

I'm heading over from Australia and we have something called naked DSL here (don't laugh). Essentially it means that you can use your old phone line as a data line only and not have to pay line rental to a telephone company. You use VOIP phones and you have a normal telephone number that people can call you on.

Also some of our ISPs shape your data usage, so you are given a limit of (in my case) 50Gb peak 8am to 2am and then 50Gb off-peak 2am to 8am - I'm happy enough with that setup.

Also I really just want a good fast connection, not interested in hosting a webpage or gaming, just a couple of e-mail addresses and reasonable customer service.

So tell me straight, am I dreaming? If not, what would I be looking at. Appreciate your time for looking/replying.

Phil
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Jun-12 09:04:07
Print Post

Re: North London ISP recommendations

[re: ratboi] [link to this post]

Hi,
Most of what you want can be provided by quite a few providers apart from the naked DSL, this is not possible (well not available at any rate) in the UK, so you will have to have an active working phone line to be able to get an ADSL service unless your property is connected to a cable service.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
  Print Thread

Jump to