General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User knerdz
(newbie) Thu 28-Jun-12 20:29:03
Print Post

Time to move away from Plusnet?

[link to this post]

Simple question to PlusNet :
Are you going to have a product refresh before the Olympics?

Simple answer from PlusNet :
.... Visit the Plusnet website every few weeks to ensure that you are aware of new products.

I think it's time to move to another ISP.
Standard User professor973
(learned) Thu 28-Jun-12 21:08:29
Print Post

Re: Time to move away from Plusnet?

[re: knerdz] [link to this post]

Simple question to Plusnet via ticket.

My line is being transferred to Zen on the 4th of July, so I realise nobody may be willing to help me at the moment. My phone drop lead was severed during door frame removal on the 21st of June. The wires are temporarily twisted together outside the back door. This is a council property so no charge should be paid by me for a drop lead re-run.
Chris Maidment, the Project Manager at Babergh District Council ( number removed sadoldman) has been trying for a week to arrange this, but so far B.T. have not got back to him. I have tried, but I get cut straight off as my phone service is not with B.T. Can you help?

Not particularly helpful answer from Plusnet mentioning a non existent voice mail

As per my voice mail we can raise this issue to our suppliers however a charge of £60 may be applied. We need to speak to you to confirm you acknowledge and understand the possibility of this charge before this can be raised. Please call us on 0800 432 0200 to discuss this.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

David Hunt

Agitated reply to Plusnet.

Nearly 24 hours to answer a ticket, then I get told I will be charged for you to contact BTW, what a joke Plusnet are. I have already stated that this is a council property and it was the councils contractors that replaced the back door and severed my phone drop-lead. There is therefore no way that I am at fault or responsible for any charges. But not to worry, as soon as my line is transferred I will take my broadband away from this shower. In fact, as it lasts for 30 days, please Email me a MAC now. As for your "As per my voice mail", I don't know what you are talking about, there are no messages on my answerphone, which is par for the course for Plusnet.

Totally incompetent reply from Plusnet ignoring the actual situation.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the level of service you have been recieving. If you wish to continue with the fault investigation you would, as m colleague advised you, need to acknowledge the possibility of the £60 charge if an engineer visits your property and finds the fault to be due to your internal wiring, equipment or damage to BT equipment.

If on the contrary you wish to cancel the account you would need to speak to our customer options team. They are available by calling 0800 432 0200 Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 17:30 (except bank holidays.)

Please let us know how you wish to proceed with this issue. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us either by replying to this ticket or calling our support team on 0800 432 0200.

You can access your account by visiting https://my.plus.net, support services are available here http://www.plus.net/support, and our community pages can be found at http://community.plus.net.

Kind regards,

Richard Tillery

Reply from angry user that cannot leave quick enough!

God give me strength. Are all Plusnet employees totally ignorant? What the hell do you mean a charge will be made if a fault is found with my internal wiring? I HAVE TOLD YOU MY DROPLEAD OUTSIDE MY BACK DOOR HAS BEEN SEVERED BY A DOOR REPLACEMENT ENGINEER FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Can you not read? It is little wonder I cannot wait to get away from Plusnet. Zen cannot come quick enough for me I'm afraid.

What a waste of space. Last one put the light out!

Admin: sorry if the language does not meet forum standard, but left in for authenticity.

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Perfect!

Edited by Sadoldman (Fri 29-Jun-12 12:30:56)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Jun-12 22:25:49
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

That's not PN's concern nor responsibility. They have no contractual relationship with your Council, but with you.

They have every right to raise a charge against you for damage to their line within your property.

However, you, of course, have every right to re-raise the charge against the Council plus any inconvenience.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Jun-12 22:45:07
Print Post

Afraid XraySpex is right. The contract is between you and plusnet. Plusnet may be charged by BT. The Council has no contractual arrangement with either BT or Plusnet and cannot act on your behalf (it may be their property but it is your phone line). You need to get it fixed, pay a charge if necessary and then claim it back against the Council. Plusnet appear to be doing what they can although I understand your frustration.
Maybe the voicemail was left with someone at the Council?
I think you need to give Plusnet a bit of a break here and from the tone of some of your messages to them I would say Plusnet would understandably become increasingly intractable - especially as you are already moving away from them so they aren't going to profit out of doing you any favours.
Sorry, but that is life.
(learned) Fri 29-Jun-12 05:47:48
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

While Plusnet are my line supplier they are the point of contact between me and Openreach. What annoys me, is the total incompetence. I stated clearly that the damage was to the droplead outside my property, but they still ramble on about possible charges due to faults or damage inside my property. Can they not read?
I have not been with them long, but long enough to discover that despite the good work of a few of their staff here, total incompetence is the order of the day with PN customer services in my experience. Very slow to respond, then when they do, like the OP you find a straight answer actually related to the query is not forthcoming. Definitely a chip off the old block. Very similar to making users wait five days for a MAC "because we can".
Everything seems so ham-fisted with Plusnet. From a silly Email address format, to describing line rental as "Talk anytime Charge" and talk anytime charge as "Call plan charge" on the bill, all of which they refuse to change nomatter how confusing to customers. It is also quite galling to see them offer unlimited broadband regardless of Market status under the guise of John Lewis for no more money than the limited PN service. I know about the hidden PN unlimited service, but that costs even more and is very shifty marketing in my book.
As for my tone, remember that the Council and I have spent 12 days being totally ignored by B.T. In my case, their automated system recognises my calls are not with them and cuts off the call. What am I supposed to do, congratulate them on their poor service?

Edited by professor973 (Fri 29-Jun-12 06:48:08)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Jun-12 08:35:17
Print Post

Please will you edit that so we can see what you are quoting and what is your contribution. I assume you know how to use the short or even full quote mechanism crazy.

Your vendetta is boring enough without your making incomprehensible posts, "professor".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(learned) Fri 29-Jun-12 09:29:06
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

@RobertoS
Of course I know how to use the quote mechanism, manually or otherwise. That said, I don't understand what you are saying.
I initially replied to this thread in the same format as the OP, who was stating how difficult it is to get a straight answer from Plusnet, so don't see what there is for others to understand.
Incessant sniping is also boring, but not to worry, like ISP's I can ignore it.

Edited by professor973 (Fri 29-Jun-12 09:31:11)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Jun-12 09:45:12
Print Post

Sorry. It's clearly my fault.

My problem is that I find "stream of consciousness" posts like this one very difficult to read, plus in that case incomprehensible as nearly every phrase triggers the thought "now I've read that before. Who said it, where and when?".

I'm afraid that to my obviously semi-illiterate brain, that post is gibberish.

Alternatively of course, it isn't my brain at fault. It is that the post consists of gibberish emanating from a tortured mind that has become incapable of expressing itself clearly, having lost nearly all rationality.

(Re-reads the whole thread - truly).

Ouch! So all the quotes and repetition are from your own post earlier which was similarly difficult. Isn't that earlier post largely a series of quotes from your posts elsewhere, or am I hallucinating? The OP was succinct and to the point. You, I'm sorry to say, have to my mind become incoherent.

I apologise again for my inability to understand you.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:29:09
Print Post

It may have been better if you had started your own thread, the OP was referring to product refresh.

Your issue is very specific, someone has damaged your line, you advised your supplier who you say responded in less than 24 hours and quite rightly advised that a charge for a repair is possible if a visit is requested from Openreach.The ISP requested to discuss the matter via a freephone number so I would have thought in the circumstances you would have used that method to communicate directly as email ping pong can and does happen

As you are in contract for that line I would guess only you can authorise that work and agree for any charges incurred. It is then up to you to reclaim the costs from whomever.The ISP nor Openreach are in the loop on that.

As the problem was caused indirectly by yourself and you were given means to communicate directly I think your comments regarding the staff somewhat inappropriate. I will edit out the phone number of Chris Maidment that I would suggest should not have been posted on an open forum without his permission.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:48:19
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

The problem was NOT caused indirectly by myself. This is a council property. The Council decided to instruct contractors to install a new back door. i could see the drop-lead would be severed when the old frame was levered out as it went through a mortice and tennon joint at the corner of the frame. I tried to avoid this by phoning firstly the Council to arrange a cable re-run prior to installation, where I was told by an ignorant woman that I was stupid and she could remove the cable from the frame easily in a couple of minutes. I then phoned Plusnet and was told to go away and wait till it was actually severed. Finally, I tried B.T. whose system recognised my calls were not with them and promptly cut me off. All of this BEFORE the unavoidable damage was done and the abysmal service that followed. Why is it surprising I consider myself not at fault and refuse any charge? As for me being in contract for the line, anything before the NTE5 is nothing to do with me. But, like the NTE5, if need be I will re-run the drop myself, B.T. are not the only ones that are a law unto themselves.

Edited by professor973 (Fri 29-Jun-12 12:50:25)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to