General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Jul-12 22:19:01
Print Post

Orange vs O2(Nottingham)

[link to this post]

Does anyone have any experience with Orange in the (preferably central)Nottingham area, or better yet with O2 as well?

I'm considering switching to Orange, with one of the main reasons being cost. I like O2's service as the speeds I get are pretty decent, but I'm no longer with O2 mobile, which has bumped up the cost of home broadband. Add in Orange's recent offer to someone in the household for broadband of £5pm(+£13.50) is rather appealing as I'm currently paying £18.50 a month which does not include line rental. A saving of £13.50 a month would be worth it even if the quality of service is a little worse than O2's.

Any details on quality of connection, possibly router, and overall service for Orange would be very much appreciated.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Jul-12 22:21:31
Print Post

Re: Orange vs O2(Nottingham)

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Correction: current O2 LR is £11.50, not £13.50 as stated previously and broadband cost is £18. It would still be significant enough a saving to switch assuming Orange aren't completely horrible in the area.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Jul-12 23:13:00
Print Post

Orange are Unlimited w/out a FUP ( http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/com.instranet.Inst... ) unlike O2 unless you are still on a legacy product.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Aug-12 23:30:25
Print Post

Orange is reliable and very good value with the discounts. I have with them unlimited home broadband with inclusive evening and weekend UK landline calls and landline rental and Orange mobile phone contract.

To qualify for Orange home broadband price discounts you must have…

Orange area Market 3 exchange = £10 discount.

Orange pay monthly mobile phone contract = £5 discount.

Otherwise it will cost you £20 per month for unlimited Orange home broadband with inclusive evening and weekend UK landline calls + line rental £13.50 = £ 33.50 per month.

With the discounts only £18.50 per month. smile

https://broadband.orange.co.uk/home

My Broadband Speed Test
Orange WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Sun 05-Aug-12 23:40:16)

Print Thread

Jump to