General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AtheistM
(newbie) Thu 16-Aug-12 00:21:37
Print Post

Virgin Media (60Mb) Oldham

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

Recently had the 60Mb cable package provisioned by Virgin to my home in Oldham. I'm getting pretty much the 60Mb downstream when I run various speed tests, with an average ping of 13ms. Fine.

Problem is that surfing is slow and running the likes of iPlayer only streams at 480Kbps. This is abysmal. I Tweeted Virgin about this and was advised to contact TS, which I have also been told is the worst experience one can have.

My computer is connected directly to the 'Superhub', so there's no wireless issue. My computer itself is cleanly running Win7 x64 with 8MB RAM and previous, i.e. back in the BT Infinity days ran absolutely sweet online.

Any advice or tips BEFORE I make this call?

Much appreciated.

Mike

Virgin Cable 60Mbps Package / No FTTC Available / Average 62.2 D 3.3 U / Latency 11ms
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 16-Aug-12 00:47:33
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media (60Mb) Oldham

[re: AtheistM] [link to this post]

Post a thread on their support forums. It'll take longer but it'll be much easier than talking to someone from India or wherever their call centres are based now.

Back when I had VM, the forum staff were very helpful and got problems sorted. The only thing I found they couldn't do was sort the over-utilisation issues in my area which Ii didn't expect them to.
Standard User AtheistM
(learned) Thu 16-Aug-12 01:05:13
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media (60Mb) Oldham

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I'll give it a whirl. Bit annoyed I was told by BTW that there was no chance of FTTC this year and then a month after going with VM cable BTO activate my cab. Hey ho.

Virgin Cable 60Mbps Package / FTTC enabled 01/08/12 but in contract with Virgin until 07/07/13 / Average 62.2 D 3.3 U / Latency 11ms

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to