General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User node
(newbie) Mon 03-Sep-12 20:07:52
Print Post

Ideal ISP?

[link to this post]

I'm with O2 right now. Their support and reliability are top notch but I'm increasingly frustrated that they don't have fibre and won't until at least next year. I left Virgin because their support and reliability annoyed me no end, and I'm reluctant to move to Orange or Sky as I've heard similar stories of poor support (though Sky seem to come out better than some). BT, terrible support and 18 month contract.

Are there any other choices I'm missing? I'm just looking for uncapped fibre without horrible support, why is that so hard in the UK? I'm willing to pay a slight premium, though companies like Zen seem to do that and still cap. As a friend of mine put it, it seems a case of "pick which deficiency you can live with".

Edited by node (Mon 03-Sep-12 20:11:02)

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Sep-12 20:55:05
Print Post

Re: Ideal ISP?

[re: node] [link to this post]

This article provides some info on complaints made to ofcom, for which Sky come out well and so do virgin.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5308-talktalk-sti...

When looking at the number of complaints on the forums it's important to look at the size of the ISP. Sky, BT, Talktalk and Virgin are considerably larger than other ISP's and so the complaints need to be seen in proportion to their customer numbers.

Kris

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User node
(newbie) Mon 03-Sep-12 23:35:37
Print Post

Re: Ideal ISP?

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

Fair comment. It's not just the volume of support complains though. As I said, I have personal experience of the yoyo-like connection quality and script-heavy support of Virgin Media.

I may just have to stick with O2, especially since my mobile is with them too which means it's a good deal. It just frustrates me so much they really can't get their act together with fibre when Sky and others already have. No comment on the matter in months either.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to