General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User danny2005
(member) Tue 11-Sep-12 10:13:37
Print Post

Which provider is best for my needs?

[link to this post]

Hello folks.

Not needed to use this kind of help for sometime but moving into a property tomorrrow with new options available to my old address. I was with post office for my line and Sky unlimited for my broadband (could only get a 6mb connection).

New property has Virgin available aswell as the other few options I've briefly looked at: Sky Fibre, Plusnet Fibre, BT Infinity. Virgin feedback seems average at best though? I am on the FAZELEY exchange about 1.93km away.

I hardly use a home phone but obviously needed a line to get broadband at my last property so minimal line costs would be great along with free/cheaper line connection costs if possible.

I use approx 150-200gb of data per month, alot of which is P2P along with the odd bit of streaming, email and the norm.

What are the best options knowing my usage, I download at various times of the day and overnight frequently but dont really wont to be tied to only using the connection at certain times if i can help it.

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated

Thanks, Dan.

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-12 10:39:53
Print Post

Re: Which provider is best for my needs?

[re: danny2005] [link to this post]

Your usage is likely to climb if going from 6Meg to fibre like speeds.

So would suggest Sky fibre products. It will cost more than existing broadband, but offers a lot more in exchange for the extra money.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User danny2005
(member) Thu 13-Sep-12 10:26:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thankyou for your reply.

Sky have now confirmed that Fibre IS NOT available at the property now, despite being told it was via Live Chat. BT Infinity is aavailable so not sure why Sky isn't.

It seems I now have to go with Virgin (free connection) or Plusnet seem the better option (for using P2P) but want £49.99 to connect the line I believe.

Any suggestions at all?

Thankyou

Sky Broadband Unlimited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Sep-12 10:37:22
Print Post

[re: danny2005] [link to this post]

If the exchange is offering Sky LLU services, then it just needs them to add the £2000 cable in the exchange to link to the Fibre handover, and also have the backhaul capacity.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to