General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Mon 17-Sep-12 13:08:10
Print Post

Are Tesco any good?

[link to this post]

Quite a contrast to my last post, but as I've not had much success, I think I'll just find the cheapest service to get me by until FTTC goes live at the end of the year.

I understand they use C&W for their LLU services, who also only offer SMPF services?

Tesco are running a deal at the moment, and with no minimum contract it seems very appealing if their service performs.

(Free line activation, £40 service activation (or free on 12 month contract), £13.50 line rental, £2.50 bb with a £30 gift card)

So has anyone tried them?

ZeN > plusnet > entanet > <aaisp.net> > Sky LLU & IoW Cable.

Edited by mikehiow (Mon 17-Sep-12 13:08:58)

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Sep-12 13:17:33
Print Post

Re: Are Tesco any good?

[re: mikehiow] [link to this post]

There was a thread about this a while ago but when I checked out the rather confusing Tesco LLU deals (?) it seemed as if it would be necessary to perhaps change one's phone number...
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Sep-12 13:25:04
Print Post

A recent thread re. Tesco LLU

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jonangus
(newbie) Tue 11-Dec-12 09:08:38
Print Post

Typing Tesco in the search box is what's brought me here. Because I've been asking myself the same question. Are Tesco any good? Reason: BT multiple dysfunctionality has driven me to the point where I'm ' mad as hell & not gonna take it anymore.'

Spotting Tesco's astonishing current offer—& because of my inability to resist a bargain—I was eager to know more. Bad news. Very bad news.

Do as I just did. Google 'Tesco broadband complaints." A baying mob of current angry customers with all sorts of horror stories. Sample headings on various forum messages:
"Rubbish"—repeatedly.
"Stay away".
"Avoid at all costs.'

Oh, well, What a drag. Shall just have to look further before requesting my MAC code from the corporate scumbags at BT.

PS: would be v. eager to hear from anyone who has anything positive to say about Tesco's broadband service.
*********************************************************************************************************

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
EINSTEIN.

Edited by Jonangus (Tue 11-Dec-12 09:11:39)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 11-Dec-12 09:15:44
Print Post

[re: Jonangus] [link to this post]

If you don't like BT as your ISP there's plenty of others to choose from apart from Tesco.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to