General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsch
(member) Mon 15-Oct-12 22:05:14
Print Post

Recommended ISP?

[link to this post]

I would appreciate anyone's recommendation for a new ISP? I am considering leaving my ISP that I have been extremely happy with over the past few years. It is becoming increasingly difficult to justify the expense and I most likely need more download allowance should I switch to Fibre. I've been spoiled by UK based support with friendly and reliable service. I'm looking for a provider that just works, hassle free and when things do go wrong I am not made to feel like a pariah. Is there a middle road between boutique providers that charge what they need to make their service work and the "big boys" where the customer doesn't come first?

I'd be grateful for anyone's thoughts on what must be an endless request, to recommended an ISP.

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Oct-12 22:14:48
Print Post

Re: Recommended ISP?

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

To be able to recommend anything we need to know your exchange, your usage profile and your current ISP.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User dsch
(member) Mon 15-Oct-12 22:49:26
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

|SP - IDnet

Exchange - Mile End

Usage Profile - Current Download speed is 4.6 mbps and usage is roughly 15 gb/month

If I switch to Fibre, and with teenage daughter, I expect to download much more media - Netflix, Lovefilm, iPlayer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 15-Oct-12 23:52:47
Print Post

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

Mile End has fibre in some areas only. What does this checker say about your phone number? (Blank out the number).

How much do you pay for your IDNet service? I had their Fibre Starter for a year and it was faultless, but am now on Plusnet Extra Fibre for £19.99pm. 250GB peak and unlimited midnight to 8am. You can check the availability of that on this page. Or there is a page for fibre plus Plusnet line rental, and I think that has free fibre installation.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.4/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to