General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User deepdishdj
(newbie) Sun 02-Dec-12 20:52:07
Print Post

Do Talk Talk use openreach to connect broadband?

[link to this post]

Hello all.

I have moved into a brand new house and need to get my phone line connected so I can get braodband but bt through openreach are saying the earliest date is the 10th of January which is an absolute joke.

Does anybody know if talk talk use openreach or do they have their own engineers?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Dec-12 20:55:38
Print Post

Re: Do Talk Talk use openreach to connect broadband?

[re: deepdishdj] [link to this post]

It is an openreach telephone line, so will be reliant on the lead times that Openreach can offer

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tthom
(regular) Sun 02-Dec-12 20:57:09
Print Post

They use openreach as BT only let them work on the network its only virgin media (cable side) only work on there own lines...

Ofcom made a rule that Openreach have to be impartial to all the providers even BT but I personally think they prioritise BT's work (but thats just me no doubt alot will disagree)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 02-Dec-12 21:01:52
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tthom:
Ofcom made a rule that Openreach have to be impartial to all the providers even BT but I personally think they prioritise BT's work (but thats just me no doubt alot will disagree)
Whether they do or not is irrelevant in this case- it's the copper wires that the OP wants connected.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User deepdishdj
(newbie) Sun 02-Dec-12 21:04:39
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

Oh well then it looks like I have no other option but to wait until the 10th of January to get my phone line and broadband connected unless anybody has any ideas or knows of another company that can connect my phone line.

I'm in the midlothian area just outside Edinburgh.
Standard User babis3g
(newbie) Sun 02-Dec-12 21:27:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by deepdishdj:
Oh well then it looks like I have no other option but to wait until the 10th of January to get my phone line and broadband connected unless anybody has any ideas or knows of another company that can connect my phone line.

Only virgin media may be faster with in 2-3 weeks for new install ... but then you will end up having 2 contracts
Had similar case when i moved..I just could not wait so long ...Talk Talk came after 2 and half months so got 12 months with VM (only broadband cos i need it) and special loyalty offer from TT (once had to start new contract with them)

Edited by babis3g (Sun 02-Dec-12 21:29:36)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Dec-12 22:07:33
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

If willing to spend money to speed things up £100+ VAT expedite would be available for a non-full LLU service

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricin...

For full LLU it can be done but costs more £160
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricin...

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 02-Dec-12 23:55:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by deepdishdj:

Uhhhhh!!!

If you go to TalkTalk they require you to have your line rental with them.

If you have a line installed by BT Retail I believe you will be on a 12-month minimum term. Therefore if you get TT broadband within that period you will get early-leaving charges.

Or have you ordered line and broadband from TT? If so, that's fine.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.7/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Dec-12 14:09:42
Print Post

BT retail dont get priority so take no notice of what was said there, we all get access to the sale booking calendar! The appointments for PSTN line installs are running into the 6 weeks plus at the moment, the only way you can get it quickest is if it was a business line that was being installed and there was a business case to get it installed quicker, then that can be done but in the case of residential it will not help you.
Was there not a phone line at the property that could be re-started as that would be quicker.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Dec-12 18:57:53
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

BT retail dont get priority so take no notice of what was said there

Cheers, saves me pointing this out.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to