General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ManOfManyBikes
(newbie) Tue 04-Dec-12 14:45:14
Print Post

MIGRATION FROM ONE ISP TO ANOTHER

[link to this post]

Got my MAC code to transfer from existing ISP to BT. BT are now telling me that there is a minimum period of time (11 days or something like that) that they have to wait before they are allowed to physically migrate my BB service to them. Apparently some sort of industry code of practice which allows the outgoing ISP to offer me incentives and the like in order to tempt me not to leave !! Sorry guys I have the MAC code already.

I am very confused by what BT are saying and suspect it is more something to do with BT being light on Fibre engineers and are blaming their slow connection times on 'Industry Codes of Practice'. BT are making me wait a total of 14 days and deny it is down to a lack of resource on the ground and insist it is standard industry code of practice that all ISP's have to comply with. Hmmmm, sounds a bit dodgy to me, or is it straight up.

Has anybody heard of this 'Code of Practice' or is it BT handing out a dose of BS ?
Standard User aps2011
(newbie) Tue 04-Dec-12 15:46:55
Print Post

Re: MIGRATION FROM ONE ISP TO ANOTHER

[re: ManOfManyBikes] [link to this post]

I have just arranged to migrate to BT and the gap quoted was 5 working days (order placed Sun 2/12/12, earliest start Mon 10/12/12) though I delayed another few days so I was better placed to deal with setting up the services, emails etc. The on-line calendar only showed working days as being available for service commencement.
This is ADSL so minimum period may be different from fibre products.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 04-Dec-12 16:05:49
Print Post

Re: MIGRATION FROM ONE ISP TO ANOTHER

[re: ManOfManyBikes] [link to this post]

A week to ten days is normal for a migration.

Is this a migration from FTTC to FTTC
OR
ADSL to FTTC

If you are also moving the telephone line rental, then yes it is definitely a 10 day Notification of Transfer period that applies.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to