General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User broadback
(committed) Sun 09-Dec-12 16:35:59
Print Post

Broadband suppliers extras

[link to this post]

I was looking for a supplier 6 months ago seemed that one particularly suited, but (old age) have forgotten which it was. Not only did they supply broadband and telephone but offered registration and portal facilities as well. I pay one company to keep my registration and another to host it, surely it would be more efficient to combine the three? any help appreciated.

All strangers are
potential friends.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 09-Dec-12 18:20:50
Print Post

Re: Broadband suppliers extras

[re: broadback] [link to this post]

Here?

I would say you should keep domain registration and domain/site/email hosting together and away from your broadband supplier. As Primus is a cheap-as-chips reseller, goodness knows who they put those with anyway.

At the cost of a slightly higher price for broadband and phone I like to go direct to CPs, not through intermediaries like Primus, where you have no control at all and a convoluted chain of responsibility if anything goes wrong. Simple "declared" resellers like ADSL24, vivaciti, Aquiss, xilo and the like are a different matter as it is fairly easy to establish the underlying suppliers.

I wouldn't like to use even those resellers for domain registration or any hosting though. I'd much rather use a company dedicated to such a service rather than one offering it as a "free" goodie.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.7/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 09-Dec-12 18:21:46)

Print Thread

Jump to