General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User akawtu
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 16:28:58
Print Post

Migrate from BT WBC but require static IP address. Options?

[link to this post]

I am on BT Unlimited Broadband (WBC) with a download sync of 7.7 Meg but usually it's 11 Meg. A few months ago the noise margin increased to 15 dB but I didn't care as it was still plenty fast enough. The quiet line test is completely silent so it's unlikely to be a line fault. I asked about fixing it recently and presumably I have fixed the problem so maybe it'll drop back to 6 dB eventually.

The other options on my exchange besides WBC are C&W, AOL, Tiscali and TalkTalk. Fibre is in my exchange but it's only available to those very close and isn't likely to reach my area for quite some time.

I would prefer unlimited usage so I don't have to monitor it and I don't mind paying extra and I am also fine with P2P etc slowing down during peak times.

I would also prefer the broadband supplier also take over the phone line and I pay the line rental to them so I only get one bill.

I am not tied into a contract with BT and have been paying £29.40 for broadband with BT for a number of years.

Also not really thinking of switching to a business product but might if it makes sense to do so.

My first thought was Xilo LLU using the C&W network but only because it's the only C&W reseller i know much about although I don't know if they take over the line.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 05-Jan-13 17:29:54
Print Post

Re: Migrate from BT WBC but require static IP address. Optio

[re: akawtu] [link to this post]

so your budget is about £42 per month for line rental & broadband, or £29 ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User akawtu
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 17:38:31
Print Post

Re: Migrate from BT WBC but require static IP address. Optio

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Yes, it's the higher figure.

It's £14.60 for line rental and £29.40 for the unlimited broadband and calls plus whatever for other calls which is usually less than £5 per month. Most of the time my BT bill is less than £50 per month and on average we could say it's £45.

I was thinking I might find a better deal than what I'm paying BT and I am also intending to order a second line with broadband for upstairs for the kids to use but will wait until I've migrated my current phone line.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to