General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jez9999
(newbie) Sat 16-Mar-13 20:50:48
Print Post

IPv6 with unlimited monthly transfer

[link to this post]

I'm looking to switch to an ISP that offers native IPv6, as well as unlimited monthly transfer. I'm not bothered about FTTC; ADSL2+ is good enough for me. Are there any such offers out there? The only one I've been able to find that offers such a deal is IDNet with their Premium package, and with the discounted annual price, they charge about £98.42/mo inc. VAT.

I'm prepared to spend maybe half that per month, tops.

Failing an existing offer, are there any ISPs offering unlimited monthly transfer for a more reasonable price that are looking to offer IPv6 any time soon?

=== Jez ===

Edited by jez9999 (Sat 16-Mar-13 20:53:08)

Standard User OutOfTime
(newbie) Sat 16-Mar-13 22:22:23
Print Post

Re: IPv6 with unlimited monthly transfer

[re: jez9999] [link to this post]

their is a section on this website about IPv6 providers it listed the folowing:

AAISP
Clara.net
Entanet
Exa Networks
Goscomb Technologies
IDNet
Webtapestry

Source: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ipv6

As for unlimited broadband some claim they are such as sky and plusnet would have said o2/be but that will soon be sky most likely.

Thanks
Andy
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Mar-13 17:41:47
Print Post

Hi,
We can offer IPv6 on some of our packages, if you could link to your exchange I can let you know if we have an unlimited package we can offer with IPv6

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jez9999
(learned) Mon 18-Mar-13 18:01:02
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
Hi,
We can offer IPv6 on some of our packages, if you could link to your exchange I can let you know if we have an unlimited package we can offer with IPv6

It's the Moulton exchange near Northampton, but my concern with Vivaciti would be if you're reselling Be LLU; I don't trust Sky not to destroy that after the takeover. Do you offer IPv6 on any non-Be based network?

=== Jez ===
Standard User ncudmore
(newbie) Sun 28-Apr-13 12:54:47
Print Post

I'm having the same issue, but in addition I'm looking for a fixed IP address for hosting my own web & mail server.

BE is my currect ISP, and happy at the moment with the speed I get (just over 10Mb down and 1Mb up), but they have no timescale for IPv6, and with the Sky takeover I'm not sure if they will ever offer fixed IP for IPv6 and expecting to 'loose' the existing fixed IPv4 address, since sky don't offer this.

I'm on the Ash Green exchange in North West Kent, but being some 20 miles from London means not much in the choice of ISPs and no fiber or cable....
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Apr-13 14:13:51
Print Post

[re: ncudmore] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ncudmore:
I'm having the same issue, but in addition I'm looking for a fixed IP address for hosting my own web & mail server.

BE is my currect ISP, and happy at the moment with the speed I get (just over 10Mb down and 1Mb up), but they have no timescale for IPv6, and with the Sky takeover I'm not sure if they will ever offer fixed IP for IPv6 and expecting to 'loose' the existing fixed IPv4 address, since sky don't offer this.

I'm on the Ash Green exchange in North West Kent, but being some 20 miles from London means not much in the choice of ISPs and no fiber or cable....
BE have for a long time have been able to provide a Static IP or more than one if required, on their Unlimited and Pro products, the BE value is the only product that you can't have a static ip with
As for IPV6 ever being implemented by O2 telefonica I think that they have already made their selves quite clear on that one, as in It wont be happening

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Apr-13 21:28:57
Print Post

[re: ncudmore] [link to this post]

If it helps we can offer a similar service to what you have now over O2 Wholesale and the service would come with a static IP and IPv6

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
  Print Thread

Jump to