General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User semo1
(member) Tue 19-Mar-13 16:59:58
Print Post

Small FTTC ISP. Moving from ADSL24

[link to this post]

I've been having intermittent issues with ADSL 24 for a while now and they can't resolve them so I need to jump ship.

What small ISP is reliable these days?
Looking to pay around £30, with 15GB+ peak allowance and at least 30GB off peak. Reliability and most importantly a good technical team would be good (so to avoid the hassle of switching)

Thanks!
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Mar-13 17:12:50
Print Post

Re: Small FTTC ISP. Moving from ADSL24

[re: semo1] [link to this post]

Might help to post what issues you are having for community support - might mean you don't have to migrate smile

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User semo1
(member) Tue 19-Mar-13 18:20:51
Print Post

Re: Small FTTC ISP. Moving from ADSL24

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Well it's intermittent issues so there's no useful info I can post other than describe the problem.

For the last 3 weekends my line has had a lot of spikes and some days were worse than others. I knew that these were spikes because light traffic equipment and applications were still working. As is the case with all intermittent faults, I've been told that everything is fine now and I've been asked to run tests. Even if I was able to run the tests while the issue was happening (very hard because you can barely load a webpage), they would just show a low throughput figure and a high latency figure.

What prompted me to switch is that today I had a complete outage and so far the problems were only seen during the weekends. I know from experience that intermittent issue take a long time to fix and I don't have any time to deal with some utility company and its patronising support staf. If it is what I believe it is (ISP equipment) then switching will resolve my issue. If it doesn't, then I know that I'll have to invest the time.

I'm looking at AAISP at the moment. It will cost me slightly more but if it fixes my problem then it would be worth it.

5 years ago I might have spent the time tinkering with this but I couldn’t care less anymore about gremlins.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to