General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mark2410
(newbie) Fri 10-May-13 17:38:40
Print Post

another Be refuge in need of help

[link to this post]

so, im currently on Be. got my "welcome to Sky " letter so ive got to come up with a new ISP and dont know what to do. i am a heavy user, no FTTC available, o2w and c&w are available llu wise. just now im thinking Xilo or Aquiss. so far i like Xilos very techy nature but they dont do phone lines. they do seem cheaper than aquiss though which would be nice. id really rather not have to ever deal with BT directly as they are useless barstewards. so just now im torn between between those two but dont know what else might suit. so please help, suggest away and advise please.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 17:52:04
Print Post

Re: another Be refuge in need of help

[re: mark2410] [link to this post]

Hi,
If it helps, we do O2 Wholesale and also do phone lines, Free connection for phone and broadband and monthly contracts for both.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User davetel
(newbie) Fri 10-May-13 18:32:44
Print Post

You could go with o2 Business, they do both, BB is £18.60 inc vat, phone,BB and mobile £51, spoke to them this afternoon after hopeless talk with Sky, o2 put you down as sole trader if you are not a business. Only downside is ten days internet downtime as going from consumer to business means a cease order on line. Considering Vivaciti as well but need more feedback form others.

Edited by davetel (Fri 10-May-13 18:33:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 18:38:12
Print Post

[re: davetel] [link to this post]

Dont forget the O2 Business is not unlimited usage.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User mark2410
(newbie) Fri 10-May-13 19:22:23
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

i did see vivaciti but the website lacked much in the way of info, as in no detail at all but i can add it to my prospective list.
Standard User bernado
(newbie) Sat 11-May-13 09:02:58
Print Post

I've been using Xilo's Extreme 16 (16 meg unmetered) O2W LLU service for the last month. No complaints here, costs £15 per month
Standard User mark2410
(newbie) Mon 13-May-13 00:21:46
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

bump if thats okay still looking for opinions
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-May-13 11:43:47
Print Post

I was on Vivaciti's Be wholesale package up until I moved to FTTC. You get more info on the packages by entering the phone number at which point it tells you what is available.

I found Vivaciti to be very good giving me decent web based support (didn't have to ring them) and the control over the settings (such as noise margin) was as good as when I was on Be.

The main reason I went to Vivaciti was actually contract length - 1 month rolling contract as I knew FTTC was coming and didn't want to be tied in long term.

If their FTTC products were a better match for me then I would probably have stayed with them but alas they can't currently compete with the big boys for FTTC - but I'm a fickle chap so may be back...
  Print Thread

Jump to