General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dev_null
(newbie) Fri 09-Aug-13 11:59:31
Print Post

Can't get hold of Xilo?

[link to this post]

Can anyone shed light on what's happended to Xilo? I've tried for over a week to get hold of them for pre-sales using email, quickchat and Telephone. Matt even appears to have put a block on PM's. I fear something must have happended as their customer service used to be first rate.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 09-Aug-13 12:10:13
Print Post

Re: Can't get hold of Xilo?

[re: dev_null] [link to this post]

Try asking your question in the community area on Xilo's own site, Matt answered a question there a day ago.

I am probably wrong but I think they maybe putting more effort into their own site than here these days.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User dev_null
(newbie) Fri 09-Aug-13 12:44:45
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

I appreciate the suggestion. However it seems counterintuitive to join yet another forum merely to post a pre-sales enquiry. One other user has already asked Matt about packages on there to which he replied "drop us a ticket" which in essence is what I've already done.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Aug-13 12:53:07
Print Post

I've mentioned before (on these very forums too!) that we're focussing on supporting our existing base and sales queries come (and always have) second to that.

With the influx of queries from O2/soon to be Sky customers, we are swamped with sales queries and are answering them in the order they are received.

PMs have been disabled for years because it avoid customers PMing for support and getting annoyed when they don't get a response - simply because it may have not been checked. We provide lots of ways for customers to get in touch where we can validate and authenticate who they are securely, messages via PM isn't one of those.

If you've submitted a sales request, we will come back to you as quickly as possible.

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 09-Aug-13 13:44:16
Print Post

I can speak as a very satisfied customer who has been with them since November of last year and have successfully run a VPN connection into work carrying both an RDP session into my work desktop and VoIP traffic from our telephone system and its much cheaper than what I was previously paying for a BT Wholesale based service.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User dev_null
(newbie) Fri 09-Aug-13 14:05:29
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

It's always good to hear first hand customer experience particularly when it's positive.
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 08-Sep-13 19:28:18
Print Post

I'd have equally positive comments (on a reseller hosting package) but it's not really going to help anyone.

Wish you luck getting answer(s) to question(s).

[Sorry, had not been aware of date... trust you got answer(s) in due course!]

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

Edited by ultra (Sun 08-Sep-13 19:29:36)

Standard User dev_null
(newbie) Thu 12-Sep-13 11:49:14
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

Thanks - in fact I signed up shortly after my last post. Sofar so good wink
  Print Thread

Jump to