General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User esteban
(newbie) Sat 10-Aug-13 20:32:39
Print Post

Plusnet fibre without line rental?

[link to this post]

HI I'm in the process of leaving Be and thinking of signing up with Plusnet for Fibre BB but my line rental is with Zen and I would like to leave it there. From the sign up page it looks like you have to take out line rental with PN as well unless you are with BT, but I have read otherwise?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Fibre from PN but have ones line elsewhere?

many thanks
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sat 10-Aug-13 21:13:03
Print Post

Re: Plusnet fibre without line rental?

[re: esteban] [link to this post]

Line used to be needed to be taken with copper BB, but it seems there is a line and non-line price for fibre (Low cost areas only).
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#fibre

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Edited by professor973 (Sat 10-Aug-13 21:32:25)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Aug-13 21:28:35
Print Post

Yes, as long as your landline is BT WLR, which it will be with Zen.

You need to apply on the Broadband Only tab where it says "You'll need to pay line rental to Plusnet or another BT based (i.e. WLR not BT Retail) landline provider to get our broadband".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 10-Aug-13 22:08:15
Print Post

The others are right, but it may help you to know I am on PN FTTC with BT Retail phone line rental and calls.

Signing up now, you would end up paying more for the broadband that if you had PN Home Phone as well. But your phone stuff from Zen is (I think) far cheaper that PN Home Phone. You would also have a connection charge for the FTTC.

I'll leave you to do the sums smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to