General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User titan
(committed) Mon 12-Aug-13 14:42:19
Print Post

ICUK

[link to this post]

I can't find any information on ICUK on the forum do they use another name or are they a reseller under another ISP Enta ? maybe.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 12-Aug-13 15:31:08
Print Post

Re: ICUK

[re: titan] [link to this post]

Looks a bit as though they were, and maybe still are, C & W resellers. (C & W has recently been bought by Vodafone). See this thread and the ISPreview link later than that post.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User titan
(committed) Mon 12-Aug-13 16:31:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just seems a bit strange they are not even listed on here but are top rated on other forums. Thanks for the link although it is a bit old. Goggle also turned up some links on here but they are so old the threads are archived. They are alive and well I spoke with them this morning.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 12-Aug-13 19:52:10
Print Post

Pure resellers aren't listed on these forums, for historical reasons. Some that have now acquired their own IP ranges are listed, but any ISP has to request a listing here - non are automatic, and they are expected to keep the owners of the site updated with product changes and suchlike.

There's nothing to stop any ISP posting in the forums overall, as many Entanet resellers always have done.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User icuknet
(newbie) Thu 05-Sep-13 14:31:09
Print Post

I can confirm we have our own interconnect directly with BT via WBMC and our own IP/AS numbers; we certainly don't use Enta.

We do resell C&W LLU broadband, though, as an alternative to BT Wholesale WBMC products.

Hope that helps,

Leslie Costar
ICUK
Standard User icuknet
(newbie) Fri 11-Oct-13 15:59:56
Print Post

[re: icuknet] [link to this post]

To help clear our status up we have now been listed as an ISP on this site. You can see further details here:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/icuk.html

Paul Barnett
ICUK
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 11-Oct-13 17:40:39
Print Post

[re: icuknet] [link to this post]

smile
But now your nick needs an "ISP" tag.

Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

Standard User Charleville15
(newbie) Sat 12-Oct-13 08:19:51
Print Post

I've been a very happy ICUK customer for a number of years.

Recently upgraded to FTTC with ICUK and pleased to be clocking a download speed of 60+ Mbps in a very rural area of North Yorkshire.

Type postcode YO60 7EW into the Broadband Map to view actual speed test results.

I would hasten to add that I'm fortunate that my connection is within 80-90m of the street cabinet.

Steve
  Print Thread

Jump to