General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Speedchaser
(regular) Wed 09-Oct-13 11:27:54
Print Post

BT to TT FTTC

[link to this post]

Hi. Currently a happy BT customer with FTTC max 40gig. My family just scrape under this limit each month, we could easily use a lot more. No tv is currently watched over the net as this would just blow the limit out of the water, but to be honest we record mostly and watch when we want anyway. Unlimited BT FTTC is just a bit steep to justify. As contract coming to end this month was considering TT. I believe they have LLU FTTC available to me. My FTTC is slow 9-12mps as I live quite some distance from the cabinet 1-2 mile. Could I expect similar speeds with TT. If it came to the choice, I would rather the 40gig limit rather than a significantly slower speed. Does anybody have any thoughts or experiences with moving to TT FTTC from BT's?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Oct-13 15:15:09
Print Post

Re: BT to TT FTTC

[re: Speedchaser] [link to this post]

The connection speed should be the same and talktalk while denigrated on customer support a lot does give reasonable speeds at peak times

Before ordering with tt you could try requesting MAC and see if BT will do a decent price on the unlimited product in return for a 12 month contract

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Speedchaser
(regular) Wed 09-Oct-13 16:01:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the quick response. If I did choose the TT option and my speed did significantly drop would have any comeback to cancel? Apart from poor customer service (which some report is compensated by good online support) are there any other negatives to TT? BT have been a very good provider, in the sense of consistent speeds reliable connection, I would be sorry to leave them.

Edited by Speedchaser (Wed 09-Oct-13 16:16:02)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Oct-13 20:16:59
Print Post

Try to negotiate a deal with BT first on unlimited they usually offer you something smile especially for loyal customers. Call them up

I bet it'll make you stay

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 09-Oct-13 20:17:27)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Oct-13 21:41:54
Print Post

The same level of comeback if the speed drops with BT, i.e. very little maybe let you leave contract but any other ISP may have same issue if line quality was the cause for the drop

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Thu 10-Oct-13 06:22:21
Print Post

I was in the same boat and I asked BT how easy it would be to migrate from BT to plusnet in March in the contact us email.

the same day I had a nice lady from retentions phoning me up and offering me an upgrade to infinity 2 for £17.50 a month and also worked out a cheaper way of doing the unlimited call plan.

All I had to do was accept another 18 month term and I get £20 a month off.

Although currently they have annoyed me with the 1571 and BT privacy charges so I will be off next Sep/Oct to plusnet for real.
  Print Thread

Jump to