General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Tue 29-Oct-13 18:45:30
Print Post

O2 customer needs to move, but where too? (Unlimited)

[link to this post]

OK right now I am with O2/Sky I really don't want to move to Sky if i can help it, so wondering what my other options are?

I was going to look at someone like xilo who from my very limited info is nothing but a reseller or O2 lines, however if my info is right O2 have stopped doing this (or will do soon) and i guess xilo will have to find another like all the o2 resellers.

I am miles away from my exchange and the very best i can get is about 4.5mbits, no chance of cable or FTTP/FTTC for years so ADSL2+ (i think it's called) is my best option.

I'd like unlimited downloads, UK tech support and as cheap as possible and in a perfect world 1 month contract but i will sign for 12 if i have too and no connection fee, and a free Bentley as well )-:

All1
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Oct-13 18:58:27
Print Post

Re: O2 customer needs to move, but where too? (Unlimited)

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

The O2 Wholesale network will close by the end of February.

Xilo do use other wholesale providers than O2 Wholesale - there's a discussion going on at the moment about a Xilo customer considering his options with O2 Wholesale closing.

The best thing to do is to see which networks Sam Knows says are available on your exchange. It's not always up to date, but it's a good start.

If BT 21CN is available, that gives you loads of options. PlusNet might fit your requirements - how cheap they are depends on various factors.

Standard User bernado
(learned) Tue 29-Oct-13 19:06:01
Print Post

Xilo also resell C&W, Talk Talk and BT LLU packages if your exchange has them (possibly others). You can put your phone number in their broadband availability checker to see what you can get locally. I'm currently with O2W through Xilo and awaiting info from them about transferring to a different package as O2W is closing down next year.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bernado
(learned) Tue 29-Oct-13 19:08:20
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by David_W:
- there's a discussion going on at the moment about a Xilo customer considering his options with O2 Wholesale closing.

Tee He, thought my ears were burning whilst we cross posted
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 29-Oct-13 19:32:08
Print Post

As the others re xilo/uno, which is undoubtedly a good ISP. Similarly vivaciti.

PlusNet has been mentioned, and clearly, seeing as I'm with them and happily extended my minimum term by 11 months in January, when there was reason to other than making sure I was on the best possible terms in case I stay for several years and increase my usage dramatically, I recommend them.

With O2 you are on ADSL2+ smile. Wherever you go there will be no change to that - just whose kit your line connects to at the exchange, the background line control systems, and the ISP backhaul and capacity).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Oct-13 19:49:08
Print Post

Dont worry just yet. As per the email we sent out, we'll be in touch very soon.

We will have options for all customers and will be working with every one of those affected to move to a comparable service.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User copaul
(newbie) Mon 04-Nov-13 20:47:34
Print Post

I am in the same boat I have had a look at Tesco but will need to call them to find out more Are you aware Sky will charge you £2.50 pm for NOT having Sky tv ?
Standard User popyytu87
(newbie) Thu 07-Nov-13 21:17:20
Print Post

[re: copaul] [link to this post]

Agreed that my experience with xilo/uno has been nothing but positive so far. does anyone have experience with the C&W LLU services?
Standard User copaul
(newbie) Thu 07-Nov-13 23:05:11
Print Post

[re: popyytu87] [link to this post]

I have just signed up with Tesco for 12 months unlimited bb and home phone it's surprising what sky will offer you when you ask for a MAC code it's worth noting that tesco will do you a deal at the end of your 12 months
Standard User faz1964
(regular) Fri 08-Nov-13 08:12:46
Print Post

In the same boat as you but with BE. Want to avoid BT as well due to their DLM which used to kill my speed due to unknown fault (135kbps!), whereas I get 2.6 mbps with BE.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to