General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User b4broadband
(newbie) Thu 21-Nov-13 16:08:54
Print Post

HELP...

[link to this post]

Hi All,

I have been a XILO customer for a number of years, and whilst I've sometimes struggled to talk to their technical teams (the online ticket system is quite frustrating) - I have never had any problems with the service they provide.

I've been contacted by their team in relation to the closure of O2's wholesale LLU (LLU - O2W) offering, and offered the following packages:

Extreme (LLU - C&W)
Pro (LLU - TTB)

I understand that these providers are offering the same upload/download speeds as each other, though the upload will be about 30% slower than the O2W package I currently have. The differences therefore relate to the underlying network infrastructure provided by C&W/TTB and the amount of control available to XILO.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of C&W/TTB? I guess I am looking for some techie-insider information about which might be the best choice.

Thanks,

Thomas
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Nov-13 20:23:36
Print Post

Re: HELP...

[re: b4broadband] [link to this post]

Why would the upload be 30% slower with the other connections?

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Nov-13 23:08:03
Print Post

TTB is the recommend product if you have the choices of both and what 95% of customers are asking to move to.

The upstream drop is unavoidable as both TTB and C&W product specification is only 1Mb. Some lines will go higher, but this is not official and as such, we do not quote that as the "product" rate.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Nov-13 07:13:24
Print Post

i was on the Cable and wireless network for a while with ADSL24 and I gave me a good quality connection at a fairly decent speed, considering where I am. I only cancelled to go with a local ISP, other wise I expect I would still be with them.

i would not use the TT network, but maybe that partly because i have only seen one decent connection on their network and also because I hate TT.

Up to you at the end of the day, at least you got the choice.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
  Print Thread

Jump to