General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Dec-13 18:33:08
Print Post

Anyone with coms.com

[link to this post]

http://www.coms.com/

Im with ADSL24 at the moment but in the New Year we're all getting moved into the coms.com network. So anyone know much about them or how good they're? Never heard of them until they bought out adsl24
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 03-Dec-13 19:01:14
Print Post

Re: Anyone with coms.com

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

All I know is what it says on their website
Coms.Com Ltd. is part of the Coms Plc group, which was founded in 2000 with the vision of using the Internet to carry and deliver voice telephone calls.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Dec-13 19:06:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yea not much info on their broadband services. Did they even offer broadband before taking over adsl24?

On their broadband page they lists their packages you can order and the phone number is the old adsl24 sales support line.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tonytiger07
(newbie) Tue 03-Dec-13 20:57:04
Print Post

No idea what things will be like after integration, but hopefully things will improve rather than get worse. Broadband outage for me of 10 hours today.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Dec-13 01:02:04
Print Post

On their broadband page they flout ASA rules by advertising ADSL as "Up to 24 Meg" & Fibre as "Up to 40/80 Meg".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User DooGie
(committed) Fri 06-Dec-13 20:09:13
Print Post

[re: tonytiger07] [link to this post]

I've been with ADSL24 almost since they started out and have no probs at all with the service.
I've just been informed of the coms takeover (merger or whatever) and find it a bit worrying as I've never heard of them.
Apparently the move over is early 2014, I'll give it a try and move on if I find it no good.
Standard User bodcod
(newbie) Thu 12-Dec-13 14:27:50
Print Post

[re: tonytiger07] [link to this post]

I have been with ADSL24 since March, I got the E-mails and letter about the Coms intergration/takeover and decide to migrate, and thats when things started to go wrong. It seems they are having a few issues tho it looks as tho nobody told their tech support.

I requested my MAC code on the 3rd Dec and got it the next day. I decided to migrate to Xilo rafter a a bit of research, went through the sign up thinking all went well only to be told the code had already been used.

To cut a long story short i have been going back and forth with ADSL24 fro a few days only to be given the same mac code again with a different expiry date! which still does not work, and now they have closed the ticket.

Seems that maybe the takeover is causing issues but someone forgot to tell the tech support people.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 12-Dec-13 16:18:58
Print Post

[re: bodcod] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bodcod:
To cut a long story short i have been going back and forth with ADSL24 fro a few days only to be given the same mac code again with a different expiry date! which still does not work, and now they have closed the ticket ....
smile
Cross-posting isn't allowed on these forums - it can cause great confusion and annoyance.

I've already replied to the other one with a possible explanation of the cause of your problem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Dec-13 16:24:42
Print Post

[re: bodcod] [link to this post]

You're not the first.

We've got about 6 pending orders in the same situation. The MACs appear to have been generated last month but then provided when the customers despite them already being used.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 12-Dec-13 16:26:54
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

What do you reckon to my theory in the other thread Matt?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to