General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User red747
(learned) Mon 13-Jan-14 15:19:32
Print Post

Zilo LLU

[link to this post]

I am on a TTB llu package with goscomb at the moment and am finding the 50GB limit a hindrance. I Use DG firmware to lower the noise margin from 9 to 6dB and get a speed of 4200Kbps
I have decided to go for one of the unlimited LLU packages from Xilo. My question is, Do I go for the C&W LLU or do I stick with the TTB package which is a fiver more. Is the C&W package likely to be the same speed and reliable?
Standard User user7423
(member) Mon 13-Jan-14 17:41:38
Print Post

Re: Zilo LLU

[re: red747] [link to this post]

I have been on C&W LLU for around two years now with Vivaciti and the connection has been reliable and stable with only one period of downtime, which was resolved quickly. I have no experience of TTB so cannot comment on that service.
Standard User bernado
(learned) Sat 18-Jan-14 23:18:10
Print Post

I moved from a Xilo O2W package to TTB (still with Xilo) a few months ago. No complaints about upload speed and latency. My upload speed is a little on the low side (router only syncs at 0.7 meg, lower than stated 1 meg) but I haven't found that an issue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User red747
(regular) Sun 19-Jan-14 10:24:10
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

Well I have decided to go for the TTB pro package as apparently the C&W llu has its own form of DLM and I want to avoid line management.
The upload I have now with the TTB from Goscomb is 751 kbps so that will be no different
Standard User bernado
(learned) Mon 20-Jan-14 19:31:43
Print Post

I have to say I'm more than happy with my connection and Xilo in particular. I have found them extremely responsive to the few tickets I have submitted, even on a Sunday evening which is amazing.

I wonder why TTB are so mean with their upload speed though?
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Jan-14 20:42:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by bernado:

A 1022Kbps sync with an upstream SNRM of 9dB should be possible with uno "Pro" TTB - I've consistently had that speed with "Pro" for the past 2 years...
Standard User bernado
(learned) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:28:13
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by bernado:

A 1022Kbps sync with an upstream SNRM of 9dB should be possible with uno "Pro" TTB - I've consistently had that speed with "Pro" for the past 2 years...

Yes indeed and I don't know why mine doesn't, other than TTB (via Xilo) say my current sync of 730 Kbps is all there is. No biggie though
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Jan-14 14:19:57
Print Post

What I have noticed since FTTC was activated locally is that my ADSL2+ downstream sync has decreased a little - high frequency tones seem to have been clipped possibly to reduce crosstalk - no affect on the upstream sync though smile
  Print Thread

Jump to