I have a very slow but previously stable line able to maintain a sync for weeks at somewhere between 2600kbs and 3000kbs with a SNR target of 3 set in the ADSL24 control panel.
My requirements are:
- Ability to either set the target SNR at the ISP end or run a custom firmware to set it from my end
- No restrictions on protocol use - I don't P2P but I do make extensive use of OpenVPN
- Ideally unlimited data or at least something in the 100GB range (although this I might compromise on)
- No traffic management taking what little speed I have
- Ideally I'd like to be able to use my own router
- Price is less of an issue but previously I was paying £19 for this
So far I've looked at:
- Sky - I have Sky TV so probably cheaper but I understand the SNR target is 7 and cannot be changed
- BT - I am currently paying for BT Sport so this would be a saving but unsure of SNR tweaking
- AA - I really like their technical reputation and IPv6 would be useful. Not sure about the network though as it appears it might be TTB which I think is where I have landed with Coms.
Any suggestions or avenues to look at?