General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User highlander317
(member) Fri 21-Feb-14 10:20:40
Print Post

Move away from ADSL24/Coms

[link to this post]

Hi All
Been with ADSL24 for 3-4 years now I think on the LLU with line rental and ADSL allowance think it was called Home 50???? not sure as I cant check online.

Im hoping someone could recommend another isp who could provide a similar service to what the 50gb ( 100gb coms) peak and unmetered off peak with phone rental included. Was trying to stay away from Sly and TT if possible.

Since moving to coms I've lost a third of speed down from at least 16mb to just over 10mb, frequent problems and drop out no where near the ADSL24 service I was happy with

Cheers in advance

Lee
Standard User highlander317
(member) Wed 19-Mar-14 20:30:16
Print Post

Re: Move away from ADSL24/Coms

[re: highlander317] [link to this post]

Now Coms are traffic shaping, they have not even informed loyal customers only Paul posting in another forum on this site, stating they were trialling shaping software, cheers but I need to move on from the poor service you are creating.
Please anyones advice would be very grateful, Im on LLu package at the moment and would be looking for something similar, was happy with the 50Gb tariff with unlimited after midnight why would you not expect people to do more downloading etc when you bring the unmetered time earlier by 4 hours and raise everyones allowance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Mar-14 21:17:36
Print Post

[re: highlander317] [link to this post]

The refugees seem to be talking about Xilo a fair bit.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrKomodo
(newbie) Thu 20-Mar-14 13:54:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi - I am also suffering the Coms curse. They have confirmed to me that they are restricting the speed of NNTP - I have seen a 90% reduction in speed this week! I am currently on a phone and broadband deal carried over from ADSL24. TTB are the providers of my phone service.

I contacted Xilo to find out about moving to an unmetered Talk and Surf deal on TTB LLU and they said that they would not be able to provide a service since my phone is not with BT. What are they talking about? - this makes absolutely no sense to me.

Were their sales just being dumb or is there something I do not understand?

Cheers
K

Update. I have just spoken to Xilo again and indeed they will only accept orders from BT lines due to how their systems operate. Seems nuts. I really want to try and avoid Talk Talk but options are running out. Really cross with Coms.

Edited by MrKomodo (Thu 20-Mar-14 14:12:26)

Standard User aibreeze
(newbie) Thu 20-Mar-14 14:16:06
Print Post

[re: MrKomodo] [link to this post]

I remember reading a post where someone else said they had that problem but later found out he could use them. I'm sure someone on here with a better understanding could probably offer a better explanation however I was on LLU without having a BT phone line with ADSL 24 but maybe it effects migrations, I don't know. I'm in the same boat and seeing just how dire things are at peak times, going to be hunting myself looking for a new LLU connection.

Edited by aibreeze (Thu 20-Mar-14 14:18:17)

Standard User MrKomodo
(newbie) Thu 20-Mar-14 14:30:12
Print Post

[re: aibreeze] [link to this post]

I have contacted Vivaciti - let's see what they have to offer/say. I'll let you know.
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Thu 20-Mar-14 15:00:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrKomodo:
I contacted Xilo to find out about moving to an unmetered Talk and Surf deal on TTB LLU and they said that they would not be able to provide a service since my phone is not with BT. What are they talking about? - this makes absolutely no sense to me.

This is an old post from Matt on the subject of migrating from one TTB based connection to another.
Link
From what you have been told I assume it is still the case although maybe not explained very well to you?
Sounds like a problem with the TTB systems.

I suppose you could first migrate to a BT based service with a different ISP on a one month contract and then migrate over to the Xilo service you are interested in?

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Standard User MrKomodo
(newbie) Thu 20-Mar-14 15:05:25
Print Post

Oh dear.

This is what Vivaciti have to say...

"I am afraid if you are on a fully unbundled service (phone and broadband) then there is limited we can offer you I am afraid as we are curtly unable to take over a full LLU service."

Brilliant. frown
It seems that once you fully unbundle you are stuffed. Wish I'd known. Any ideas, suggestions or options from anyone?
Standard User MrKomodo
(newbie) Thu 20-Mar-14 15:19:16
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Thanks gmoorc.

This situation seems utterly ridiculous. To join Talk Talk (or one of the companies using a TTB LLU) from Talk Talk (or one of the companies using a TTB LLU) you have to go through the hassle and expense of rejoining BT. How is this logical, time effective or cost effective? I wish I had been told of this when I unbundled?
Standard User aibreeze
(learned) Thu 20-Mar-14 15:26:16
Print Post

Wow, this is pretty messed up. Can anyone advise on the most cost effective method as to migrate away from Coms when you're on phone and broadband? I'll look into it more next week but sounds like a giant pain.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to