General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User highlander317
(member) Wed 13-Aug-14 20:38:44
Print Post

recommendations please

[link to this post]

With a twist of luck I am moving to another address in the coming month and will very sadly (not)!!, have to leave Coms. The day will not come quick enough.
Question is the exchange I'm moving to has fibre enabled. I'm hoping someone could recommend a good ISP to start with at the new address. Don't really want sky as we have a special satellite box and refuse to give Mr Murdoch any of my money any more. I need a good allowance preferably unlimited never got anywhere near my coms allowance, virtually impossible nowadays.

Any help would be appreciated

Lee
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Aug-14 22:49:40
Print Post

Re: recommendations please

[re: highlander317] [link to this post]

Current customer service issues aside have a look at what Plusnet have to offer.

I'm happy with the service I get from PN with regard to my BB connection etc but I am not on a FTTC product.

plusnet user
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 13-Aug-14 23:18:03
Print Post

Plusnet FTTC is at least as good as IDNet, having been on both. There is another hiatus in CS, I sadly have to agree with Apprentice. Which doesn't matter a lot if you never need them, and I expect is survivable if you do.

Phone does not have to with PN, but it is cheaper if it is, and also the deals and cashbacks only come on the bundles.

BT CS - worse. Plus-point is BT Sport is free and widespread free wifi if you need it. BT Sport is available on PN but chargeable.

Sky. I get the feeling it may be starting to degrade a little. Nothing I can really highlight to justify that.

TalkTalk is excellent value for money but support again dodgy.

AAISP Home::1 is a decent package from a superb ISP. (May need to scroll down for more details). Also Zen unlimited packages.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User highlander317
(member) Thu 14-Aug-14 09:06:47
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Are plusnet any good for using torrents?
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Aug-14 16:29:50
Print Post

I don't use torrents so can't comment from personal experience, have a look at the recent (2014) posts on the Plusnet Community forum.

plusnet user
  Print Thread

Jump to