General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Oct-14 21:40:25
Print Post

Changing ISP questions

[link to this post]

Think ive finally given up with coms and wanting to move to Xilo. Not changed ISP for years so got a few questions about migrating

1) Is it best to give coms my 30 days notice after ive migrated, or once Xilo have accepted my order and ive been given a migration date? Just wondering if its best to wait till ive moved incase of any last minute delays in the migration

2) How long does it take to get your order accepted once you have given the MAC to Xilo?

Thanks
Standard User Taffers
(newbie) Mon 20-Oct-14 09:26:57
Print Post

Re: Changing ISP questions

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Hi Bob,

Like yourself, we hadn't changed ISP for years either, so the prospect seemed daunting. But very recently (last month) we took the plunge and made the switch from Coms to Zen.

Once we'd made our decision to migrate, and following an initial enquiry, (just to ensure there would be no problems on Zen's side) I submitted a ticket to Coms, to request a MAC code. The MAC was e-mailed to us within an hour or so.

The way it worked here, is that once I'd submitted the order with Zen, they contacted Coms to give them a completion date. A Coms Senior Analyst then e-mailed us to say they'd received notification of our order being placed with Zen, and confirmed the completion date. (I would imagine that Xilo and Coms will communicate in much the same way.)

To be fair, Coms were actually very helpful throughout the period between the order being submitted (5th Sept) and our migration on 22nd Sept. It all went very smoothly, with no problems, so hopefully, you will enjoy a similar experience.

Wishing you all the best. smile
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 20-Oct-14 09:31:35
Print Post

[re: Taffers] [link to this post]

Thanks for the information smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Oct-14 15:00:31
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Never EXPECT the two ISP's to communicate with each other. Give notice and if there is an overlap then the worst that SHOULD happen is that you pay for a week to both providers.

Any provider worth their salt should give you a refund of any unused time..

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
  Print Thread

Jump to