General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fourtytwo1
(learned) Thu 11-Dec-14 16:05:01
Print Post

Plusnet......signed up for another 12 months!!

[link to this post]

Well if/when you get to talk to the right people there really not that bad!!
Frankly reading the reviews of the competition was enough to make me stay smile
After all most reviews are written by disatisfied people in the heat of there problems!

Good points about plusnet.....
I have NEVER had any kind of billing problem with them.
I have never experienced network congestion at night BUT I am only operating a few Mbps.
They are apologetic if you get treated badly.
They do some good deals.
0800 phone number.
They are quick to recognise and fix there network problems, outages are rare and short.

Bad points.....
Problems drop through the cracks and can be frustraiting to resolve, but from other peoples experiences this is no different to anybody else smile

So till next time I get a problem I am happy with plusnet, I have been with them since about 2008! (ex Pipex) smile
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Dec-14 13:42:49
Print Post

Re: Plusnet......signed up for another 12 months!!

[re: fourtytwo1] [link to this post]

In the early days of the Internet service was highly variable from different ISPs but as time has gone on most of the big players will typically provide you with a decent service. I've just moved from Plusnet to TalkTalk(FTTC) and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference as far as broadband is concerned, although TalkTalk supply a much better HG635 router. wink
Standard User dragon2611
(committed) Thu 01-Jan-15 21:08:26
Print Post

[re: fourtytwo1] [link to this post]

I took FTTC originally on a 12month business contract with them and was happy enough with it to take a 24month contract once the 12 months were up.

Had the odd outage due to problems their end but it usually gets resolved promptly

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ajb1946
(newbie) Fri 02-Jan-15 09:11:57
Print Post

[re: dragon2611] [link to this post]

I joined PN about seven years ago (Phone and BB) on an ADSL connection which I'd been having trouble with, they soon sorted those. Switched to FTTC 2 years ago and have had no issues whatsoever. Would recommend them to anyone. Usually the people who go on forums like this one are having problems, which can give a poor impression of a company. I always wonder what percentage of the customers that is, i.e. how many have no problems so never put anything on a forum.
  Print Thread

Jump to