General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrKomodo
(newbie) Fri 17-Apr-15 09:15:21
Print Post

Want out of Coms but on a TTB LLU. Help

[link to this post]

Hi - please help. Like a fool I have put up with Coms for far too long. As a former ADSL24 phone and broadband customer without a BT line (on TTB LLU) I find my options seem limited.

I'd like to use something like Xilo's Talk and Surf (LLU - TTB), but they seem unable to help because I am not with BT.

Coms really are appalling, can someone help with a suggestion?

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 17-Apr-15 12:11:41
Print Post

Re: Want out of Coms but on a TTB LLU. Help

[re: MrKomodo] [link to this post]

I am confused.

If you are on a TalkTalk full LLU line, then what is the problem with another full LLU operator taking you over?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 17-Apr-15 13:21:41
Print Post

Any ISP can take you over. It's just that your phone number doesn't show up in the BT Wholesale checker.

There is a slight possibility that you may not be able to keep your current phone number, (if it was a new number when you went onto the TalkTalk system), but I think even that problem has now been resolved. It is normal to be able to move both the line, with it's existing number, and the broadband, from TTB LLU.

I thought Xilo also did TTB connections - but I seem to recall at one point they had a problem with migrating people on it from other resellers. Maybe that hasn't been solved. If that's who you would prefer to go to I suggest you ask them again and get the reason if they say they can't.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Allan1
(member) Fri 17-Apr-15 17:34:32
Print Post

Hi,
I'm currently on Xilo's Talk & Surf package which runs on TTB, LLU (and works very wel)l I don't think you'll be able to sign up for it on their site - as that uses the BT line checker and will say that no packages are available( the same also seems to be the case if you try talktalk's line checker), but if you drop Xilo an email or post a sales query on the site you should get an answer.
regards
Allan

Al
Standard User benn1
(member) Sat 18-Apr-15 20:47:38
Print Post

id suggest asking Matt from Xilo on the forums as he might be able to help.
If not ask AAISP as they are very good at helping sort problems with BT if required

Originally on <n>ildram Broadband Pro (2mb)

then - Orange - Virgin - Sky LLU
Standard User MrKomodo
(newbie) Mon 20-Apr-15 15:32:56
Print Post

[re: Allan1] [link to this post]

Hi

Well I've chatted to Sales at Xilo and they say they cannot help me. They say they offer no compatible services. Seems weird. Any other suggestions? PlusNet seem to be able to offer a service at a reasonable rate but are they any good and do they throttle? A&A seem pricey, but perhaps I'll give them a try.

I loathe Coms.
Standard User DrBC
(learned) Mon 20-Apr-15 15:46:49
Print Post

I was with Coms on the same package as you and migrated to Xilo's Talk and Surf a few months back. The migration was a disaster though, so if the level of problems I experienced is usual then I'd not be surprised if Xilo have decided not to get involved any more.
Standard User Mark07
(learned) Mon 20-Apr-15 15:51:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrKomodo:
Hi

Well I've chatted to Sales at Xilo and they say they cannot help me. They say they offer no compatible services. Seems weird. Any other suggestions? PlusNet seem to be able to offer a service at a reasonable rate but are they any good and do they throttle? A&A seem pricey, but perhaps I'll give them a try.

I loathe Coms.

I'd recommend Plusnet, the few times I've had to contact them (issues with my line quality not their fault) they've been brilliant.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Apr-15 19:04:39
Print Post

Check out the various threads on the resellers forum if you've not done so already, some might be of interest smile

e.g. http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/otherisp/t/4398850-...

plusnet user
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Apr-15 07:43:08
Print Post

The issue is if you have a full LLU service on TTB them moving retailers is the difficult bit.
They did fix this almost 2 years ago and allowed us all to move a customer on full LLU from retailer to another, then this stopped working so a work around was put in place to migrate the service from LLU back to BTW and then right away back to full LLU but then BTW made the price prohibitive.
Did you need to stay with LLU as moving a line from LLU to BTW is not hard, if the line number started life as a BT line before being moved to full LLU then you should be able to keep the number.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to